Hello

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by marnold2684, Oct 18, 2010.

1. marnold2684

marnold2684 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got my droid 1 about a month ago and i am absolutely hooked. i look forward to learning from all of you. i do need some help though. i have been reading how to root my droid. it is a droid 1 with android 2.2 and fr22g. i went throught the steps motocache1 laid out in rooting the droid 1 regardless of operating system. i followed it to the t but for some reason my phone does not show up in rsd lite. what can i do? Please Help!

2. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +5
    Hello marnold...i have moved your thread to the "hacking help" forum.

3. warrior21

warrior21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the forum. What version of windows are you using? Are you running RSD lite as administrator?

4. marnold2684

marnold2684 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am running vista. I log on to my computer as the administrator. Do I need to change my settings so that I'm not the admin and then run it as admin? Hope that question makes sense.

5. warrior21

warrior21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use Vista also and don't have to change any settings. RSD lite can be a little tricky if something is done out of order. Just to check:

Plug the phone into the computer and open RSD lite
    While the phone is plugged in power it down.
    Open the keyboard and while pressing up on the Dpad, press the power button
    The bootloader screen should show up and a couple of seconds later the phone should pop up on the RSD screen

If not I would just double check to make sure your drivers are correct also

6. marnold2684

marnold2684 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have the correct drivers downloaded. one thing i don't know if i'm doing right is putting the complete root file onto my sd card it shows that it is on the card when i am looking at the sd card files on my computer but when i go into astro file manager on my phone it says the directory is empty. now from my understanding when the instructions say to put the file on the root of my sd card it needs to be put in the first file on the sd card which is .android_secure is this correct? is that the proper place to put it?

thank you so much for the help. i also want to ask i've been reading a lot in this forum and maybe it's just me but there seems to be a lot of people with issues of the phone not working properly after rooting it. i just want to know that after the fact i'm not going to regret it, is it really worth the trouble/risk? just need some reassurance, starting to doubt what i'm trying to do. are the differences really that noticeable? Hope you can help, thanks.

7. marnold2684

marnold2684 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    never mind to the last paragraph. i've done some more reading found what i needed to know.

8. warrior21

warrior21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The root of the sd card is on the base of the card, not in any folders.
    Just to re-assure you rooting your phone just gives you superuser access to the OS. Some of the issues people have are ROM related or user error

9. marnold2684

marnold2684 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah figured that out almost as quick as i made the post. sorry i'm really not as ignorant as i sound. but rsd is still not picking up my phone. i'm at a loss on what to do. i understand if you can't help me any further. i am obviously doing something wrong. i'll figure it out eventually i'm sure. thank you very much for your help it is much appreciated.

10. warrior21

warrior21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not at all, we've all been there at one point or another. You are definitely not the first person to have an issue with RSD lite. Do you have access to another computer to try it on?

11. marnold2684

marnold2684 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yes i do. think that will do the trick? just curious, why would that make the difference.

12. warrior21

warrior21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's worth a try and I have seen it work before with other members. At this poiint it couldn't hurt to try. Are you running Vista on the other machine?