Hello

cricketnest

Reaction score
Im new here but of course I guess you can gather that if I am posting a new member post. I got my Droid in January and I love it. This is my first Smartphone and I am so glad That I got the droid. I had considered a Blackberry but did not like the keyboard on the blackberry. I am not that knowledgable about the Droid but I want to learn. One of the main reasons I bought the Droid was because I am planning on returning to school this year and thought it would be great to have to download reference programs for drugs and medical things for school. Little did I know that I Was going to fall in love with it.

I guess one of my biggest questions right now is There are alot of paid apps I would like to download but I am a little worried about security of ordering them over my phone. Kinda leary about putting my credit card number in on the phone. Can anyone tell me about the security of that? Is there a place on the internet that I could go to on my laptop and pay for the apps I want?

Thanks so much

Chris

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome. If you want to learn, you've come to the right place. As for the security, I can't tell you about the nuts and bolts, but I've yet to have an issue or read of one. But hey, there are plenty of great apps that are free.

OP
C

cricketnest

Reaction score
Its all handled by Google. Safe as PayPal IMHO.

How about the stuff that has foreign currency listed, does it tell you what the total american would be when you go through google?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everything goes through Google. Regardless of what country it is.

droidgirl1

Reaction score
Hello - Welcome!

I have been using my Verizon rebate credit card. Not sure what everyone else is doing.