Hello

pmurray633

Reaction score
Hey forum members. I am waiting on the FedEx man to deliver my Droid that I bought. I traded a guy my BlackBerry Storm 2 and I the snow where he lives made me wait until today to get it. Upon opening it and all that good stuff, what are some of the things I should do to it first. I have a Mac, but with VMWare and Win7 x64, so I can do all the fun stuff to it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey forum members. I am waiting on the FedEx man to deliver my Droid that I bought. I traded a guy my BlackBerry Storm 2 and I the snow where he lives made me wait until today to get it. Upon opening it and all that good stuff, what are some of the things I should do to it first. I have a Mac, but with VMWare and Win7 x64, so I can do all the fun stuff to it.

:welcome: to the forum. I have a Mac also and VMware but I've never been able to get it to mount on VMware. That's OK though because it works just fine with Mac. You're going to love it. Hope he gets there soon.:)

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Man, that waiting will KILL you! Welcome to the forum, Paul! Nice you could join us! Start out with the FAQS ttp://www.droidforums.net/forum/faq.php and then move onto the threads. Jump right in, the more the merrier!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Here's my opinion:

1. Install K-9 for your pop3/imap emails
2. Install Screebl. It will help a little with the battery usage, but it will mainly keep the screen active while you are using the droid.
3. Install Astro File Manager
4. Install one of thousand available battery programs. I use Battery Life, it has a good widget that displays temp and other info. Battery Left is a good one too.

Spend some time in the Market and play around with apps that interest you.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!!

OP
P

pmurray633

Reaction score
Thanks! I am hoping that the darn thing comes tomorrow (Saturday). I paid for shipping for this thing, and the stupid fog had to mess FedEx up and make them take forever. >:eek: