Hello!!

LYN J

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Looking forward to all of your tech savvy advice. I am a huge photo bug so hoping someone has an answer for me.

I have a Galaxy SIII. On Friday it went swimming while were camping. I took the battery out and laid it in the sun and riced it on Sunday. Initially it had a faint screen which has now gotten to where everything look normal & works except for the touch screen. I can receive calls, but can't swipe to answer. I have responded to text messages via the voice system. I have a ton of photos on it and I would like to get them off. I thought that they were being stored on the card, but were not. What a way to find that out!!

I have accessed the Photo Gallery by using the voice commands and can see that all of the pictures are intact. I have tried to download and export using the voice system with no luck. I have tried to connect to my laptop but it does not recognize that the phone is connected. I went to US Cellular and the guy said there was no way of getting them off, but since I can see them I have to assume that there is some way of doing it.

Sure hope you have some suggestions!! Thank you so much!!
lyn

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Lyn

The first thing you should do in a case of phone gone swimming is to remove the battery and seal it the phone in a bag of uncooked rice for at least 24 hours.

In the future using DropBox to sync those photos to the cloud would help to preserve them in the case of a catastrophe..

OP
L

LYN J

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Welcome to the forum Lyn

The first thing you should do in a case of phone gone swimming is to remove the battery and seal it the phone in a bag of uncooked rice for at least 24 hours.

In the future using DropBox top sync those photos to the cloud would help to preserve them in the case of a catastrophe..
I put it in rice as soon as we got home. My DropBox was full. =( Thank you on the welcome and the thoughts!!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I had a customer just last week who wished his DropBox hadn't been full. Sorry about that.

You didn't say how long it was in the rice. It may take some, (more), time.

OP
L

LYN J

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy SIII
I had a customer just last week who wished his DropBox hadn't been full. Sorry about that.

You didn't say how long it was in the rice. It may take some, (more), time.
At least that sounds hopeful!! Thanks again. I will keep trying. I am pretty determined on this one. lol

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome aboard and have you tried to reinstall the phone drivers to see if the computer/laptop will see your device?