1. quinejh

quinejh New Member

new to the site but looking forward to learning about it. also the reason I am on here is because I have a droidx and recently tried to install a custom rom using the droidx bootstrapper program but when it rebooted into the backup mode it just locked up and I had to take out the battery and reboot. does anyone know a good rom to use and a easier way to acomplish this. i have also read that the droidx bootstrapper wont work with the droidx that i need the droid 2 bootstrapper.
    any help would be appreciated.

thanks

John
  2. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 DF Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Which ROM were you installing & do you know what system version you are on?

~to powerful to fall into the wrong hands~
  3. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to DF John!! Happy you joined up with us :biggrin:

Let us know about what STG asked you and we can hopefully get you on your way. Also, Droid X Bootstrap should work if you make sure that USB Debugging it selected. If not you may need to get the Droid 2 one.
  4. quinejh

quinejh New Member

Not real sure what version IM running here is what my phone says. Android version 2.3.3 kernal 2.6.32.9 build 4.5.1_57_dx 5-35 I tried to install a ROM for the D x but can't rember the name

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  5. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome Aboard! :)
  6. cobravnm13

cobravnm13 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the family!

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid
  7. JSM9872

Ok you are running Gingerbread. You need to make sure you flash a ROM that is compatible with it. It will say in the OP of the thread where you find the ROM and if it does not then just ask.
  8. quinejh

quinejh New Member

I downloaded the r 2 ginger 595 which I tried to flash
    when it reviewed into the install screen there was just a picture of a droid but it didn't do anything so I had to do a hard reboot

9. JSM9872

Not familiar with that ROM but if it is .595 it is pretty outdated considering the Droid X is all the way up to .605 (3 updates past .595). And it sounds like it booted you to stock recovery which will happen if bootstrap was not successful. When using the DX Bootstrap make sure that USB Debugging is checked and then try it again.
  10. quinejh

quinejh New Member

I think that is my problem IM not real sure when IM reading about these rims which one that says droidx will actually fork on mine

11. JSM9872

Its definitely crucial to know for sure what you are flashing. And if you are ever not sure then ask.

I would highly recommend taking some time and doing a bit of research before getting further into hacking. Its much easier to do it with a solid understanding and avoid issues then it is to deal with problems when you have them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Cyan Tapatalk
  12. quinejh

quinejh New Member

OK I downloaded vortex rc 1 and used ROM manager I put the ROM on my memory card then used ROM recovery to reboot,format and wipe cache, when it rebpoted into what should have been clockwork. all there was was a white screen. I had to remove the battery to restart. I then tried the droid bootstrapper program and the exact same thing. What am I doing wrong? also i have usb debigging checked and the phone is rooted

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  13. JSM9872

Not too sure, it may just be the DX Bootstrap. I have always owned the Droid 2 one and it works well but have read many times what I said earlier about USB Debugging. This may be a dumb question but you definitely have root access right?
  14. quinejh

quinejh New Member

LOL yep ive checked and doublechecked its rooted. All I can figure is some program is interfering or my srpidx bootstrap should b bootstrap 2 when it boots it just goes to a half lit blank screen

15. JSM9872

Just asking, you never know. I honestly have not encountered a half lit blank screen before so I am not sure what's causing it. You could always try the Droid 2 Bootstrap and if it does not work just uninstall it.
  16. quinejh

quinejh New Member

ok! that's what the problem was the bootstrap2 worked no clue why that is my phone is a droidx anyhow I have my backup but now that I am ready I am wondering if any of you guys know of a good fast and bug free rom I can try? I have a few I downloaded but they are 8 months old I'm not sure where to find info on a good rom or where to get it i have rom manger but most of those roms I can't seem to get.
  17. JSM9872

Droid 2 Bootstrap is essentially an updated version of the Droid X one. And there really is no "bug free" ROM out there but there are some pretty good ones, it all depends on what you are looking for.
  18. droid2drummer

droid2drummer Active Member

First brother, I would slow down a bit. I really dig your enthusiasm but like JSM said you should learn a bit more just in case. And to answer your question CM7 gingerbread is good as well as MIUI ics. You should first get on your computer and download RSDlite and then your SBF file in the event something happens you will be able to fix it. I know you probably know what your doing and i don't mean to sound pushy as I'm really wanting to make sure you get to where your wanting to go without an issue. Mark my words. The day will come when you brick. The only thing that will help is the RSDlite and SBF file and most important the steps to use them.
    All that said, if I'm still awake I can walk you through a safe flash. Peace!

Tapped via Motorola Droid Razr!
    Peace!
  19. Jungle King 76

Jungle King 76 New Member

I have passed my X on to my daughter but since my RAZR does not have enough fun ROMS to flash I satisfy my needs with her X from time to time. Lol

Anyway, just wanted to point out that while D2 bootstrapped will work on the X, the DroidX boot strapper also works...however for some reason with the dxboot strapper, the USB debugging needs to be UNCHECKED. I know this goes against everything we know about boot strapping and flashing but trust me....it works.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using DroidForums
  20. Einsteindks

Einsteindks Member

Still, safer to go with D2 Bootstrap. Flashing a ROM based on a lesser version is only asking for trouble. Stay with 605 based ROMs, and do grab the 602sbf file now, as well as the OTA to 605. You can restore your data and settings completely from a backup 'restore only' done in clockwork recovery -- part of bootstrap, IF DONE NOW, FIRST, BEFORE you go any further in flashing ROMs.

Search tags for this page

droidx rom 4.51.57-dx5-25 download