1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us
  1. Landfill27

Landfill27 New Member

Hey everybody! I'm Landfill27, and I'm just doing the intro thing.

Ok, I'm also posting on here for help, because I NEED it. I'm running the first Droid from Verizon (Motorola A855), on 2.2.2. Here's the thing though. I'm trying to make it available to switch from Verizon to Metro PCS, so I need to root it. I have NO idea what I'm doing and if anybody would be so kind as to helping me out, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, I am running on a Mac, so that makes things more difficult. Thanks! I :heart: my dancedroid so I wanna make sure I can still use it!
  2. droidxethan

droidxethan New Member

Welcome! i would love to help u but i have the DX but there is lots and lots of ppl on here that no exactly how to root the droid so ur in luck
  3. Landfill27

Landfill27 New Member

But to have it work with the Mac? I have it on USB debugging already so the first step is done for me :-D
  4. 13th angel

13th angel Developer Developer

Welcome! Id recommend searching for a thread called "root d1 regardless of version" (might not be the exact name but its close) and that will give you everything you need to know to root.

Sent from my Liberated D2G
  5. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member