hello, verizon user getting my motorolla droid tonight

rayvincent

Reaction score
and i found this forum, happy to be here and hope I can learn a lot about my new phone.
leaving my samsung glyde - thank god I'm up for new every two, the battery lasts under 5 minutes on it now.

also starting to set up my google voice which I haven't activated till today, I'll be looking into how that can best work with my new droid - that I'll be picking up tonight.... can't wait!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to DroidForums!

Congrats on the Droid this evening. (btw, VZW is doing a BOGO on Android devices (Palm too) in case you knew anyone that wanted a Droid)

Hope you Enjoy!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum rayvincent. You'll get quite a few friends. Google Voice is hard to come by. If you got some invites, there are plenty of people looking for them.

If you do need any help with your new Droid please let us know. We are all here to help each other.:)

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: be prepared to lose AT LEAST one week from reality lol

OP
R

rayvincent

Reaction score
since I'm so new to google voice, I don't know where they keep the invites for me if I even have any to give.
I still have invites to gmail lol, and those are easy enough to find.
Will google let me know if I have invites to give?

mach330

Reaction score
since I'm so new to google voice, I don't know where they keep the invites for me if I even have any to give.
I still have invites to gmail lol, and those are easy enough to find.
Will google let me know if I have invites to give?

yes, it's the same as google mail. you'll see the invites at the bottom left when you login to google voice.

congrats and....you may want to read about rooting. lol...it's like a whole new phone. so enjoy it for a month and read up on rooting.

droidtom

Reaction score
Fantastic phone. Just don't waste your time with the built in email app for pop type of accounts. It stinks, but the good news is that K9 mail is free and works perfectly. Mail was the only gripe I had about my droid after coming from a BB. Now with K9, it's great.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. It is, however, very addictive. If you have someone to bring you water and food your'll be ok.
Mike

OP
R

rayvincent

Reaction score
Well I'm home from the verizon store with two droids, one's for me and the other for the WIFE! Cool 2for1 deal on the Droid!!!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. It is, however, very addictive. If you have someone to bring you water and food your'll be ok.
Mike

Well I'm home from the verizon store with two droids, one's for me and the other for the WIFE! Cool 2for1 deal on the Droid!!!

Uh oh, two Droid addicts in one house. Be sure to keep a list of take out numbers close by or you'll never eat...

sam5828

Reaction score
Mike

Uh oh, two Droid addicts in one house. Be sure to keep a list of take out numbers close by or you'll never eat...
lol ya dominoes delivers but do they to the couch?

OP
R

rayvincent

Reaction score
ahh, figured out how to mount my phone and added 4gb of music :)
lots of free apps last night, love the google night, it's so cool!
Used gps this morning ftw!! (Could hardly keep my eyes on the road!!!)
Yeah, this phone is going to be a big time waster.... oh boy!
Thought I was a geek before... now this..:icon_ banana: