Hello to All

STSC(SS)

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Mike and I'm now a Droidaholic. I just got my D2G 4 days ago and I think I'm in love. I am in the Navy and for the last 2 years I haven't been allowed to have a phone with a camera. So I'm coming from the BB 8830 World edition. The day after I transferred, I ordered my Droid. I can't be happier. I was going to hold out for the Iphone, because I love my Ipod touch, but after researching the Android platforms I realized they are superior in almost all aspects. Right now I have no intentions of rooting. I'm good with the stock abilities. I'm a little disappointed with the leaning curve and my indecision of how I want to set up my pages, but once I'm done Droid will be perfect for me. Thanks for all the great info in the forums, it's helping a lot.

I do have a small question, I would love to have the 928Droid black glass theme, but I can't tell if it will work on a stock platform. Yes, No? Thanks

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Welcome to the forum. I could be wrong, but I think you would have to be rooted to flash that on your D2G. Enjoy your stay.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you with us. To answer your question about the theme, unfortunately you have to be rooted to run a custom theme. However, you may want to check out Open Home. Its a home replacement app available in the Market that has themes available to use. You may find something there you like that will hold you over for now until you decide if you want to root or not.