Hello to All

d.jm

Reaction score
Well, I too am a newbie to the site. Just made the switch from the crackberry to the Droid Pro. So far, loving the change.

I signed up on this site in the hopes to learn some cool shortcuts and get a few questions answered with a problem I can't seem to figure out.

I have one specific contact, that for some reason, I cannot see his texts. Even when I send him a text, it doesn't show up in my text history like every other one I send. when he replies, I see it in the top ticker line, but it isn't displayed in the notifications or in my texting inbox. It just disappears. So basically, if i am not actively looking at my phone when it comes over the top ticker line, I will have no idea he even sent me a text.

I've compared his contact profile to my other contacts to make sure I didn't hide him somehow. But his profile looks just like everybody else. It's so bizarre!

So there you have it, haha.
Any help is appreciated :)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to D/F - you are in the right place and we are glad to have you :)

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. That's quite a bizzare issue. Never heard of it before. Two things I would try are downloading handcent sms from the marketplace and see if his texts show up there and deleting his contact profile and re entering it. Both are long shots, but its just what comes to mind first. Enjoy you're stay.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Also there's the all important reboot, never know what that'll fix.

OP
D

d.jm

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. That's quite a bizzare issue. Never heard of it before. Two things I would try are downloading handcent sms from the marketplace and see if his texts show up there and deleting his contact profile and re entering it. Both are long shots, but its just what comes to mind first. Enjoy you're stay.

Great suggestion! I will give it a go :)