hello there, made account for some help :) may you?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Yoshi323, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Yoshi323

Yoshi323 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so i have an S4 with verizon and rooted it successfully on 4.2 to Hyperdrive 10.1 using Safestrap.
    i was running it for about a week or so and realized i never rebooted it, i tried to last night and got stuck on the download screen.
    i think the reason this happened is because on that "Slot 1" (Hyperdrive) i never installed Safestrap and so i didnt try rebooting
    using the option that is given in SS, instead i tried rebooting into recovery using the menu you get holding the power button.
    is there some sort of simple fix to this seeing as how i have everything done correctly besides the fact that i cant get into SS?
    if i do have to do a wipe and clean stock flash :icon_eek: can i get any data i may have on my phone?

2. chadwick108

chadwick108 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    More info maybe needed...which version of safe strap? Which baseband are you on. Depending on version of safe strap you might be able to uninstall recovery in the same apk you initially installed with. Then reinstall. I would start there until more info is found out.

3. Yoshi323

Yoshi323 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i believe it's SS v3.65? i checked the site and it's the only one compatible with ME7. as far as the baseband goes, i'm not sure how to check that.
    how would i do this? does this method require a clean wipe or does it just bypass the bootloop it goes into?

4. chadwick108

chadwick108 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    several versions of safestrap

I am currently on mj7 with safestrap 3.71 and running hyperdrive 12

to check build go to settings about phone then let us know which baseband version you are running.

5. Yoshi323

Yoshi323 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i'm stuck in bootloop though. no matter what combination of buttons i use, i always get

"could not do normal boot.
    ODIN MODE
    ."

i DO know that i was on Android 4.2.2 on build VRUAME7 using SS v3.65 running Hyperdrive 10.1
    if there is other info you need then i will try my best to provide it

6. Yoshi323

Yoshi323 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    nevermind it's working again :happy2: i was getting ready to use Odin on my laptop to flash ME7 stock back on there
    but when i plugged it in i decided to give it another try and i got a prompt asking if i wanted to flash a custom ROM,
    hit no, and then got asked if i wanted to boot to SS or continue :D all i had to do was plug it into something. it was
    vibrating twice, every 5 seconds or so after i plugged it in, even with the phone OFF

but now my question is; Is 4.4 the latest android version and can you have custom ROMs and bootstraps? if not, what
    is the latest android version you can root and customize?

7. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +574
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note Edge / LG G3
    Twitter:
    smalltownlife13
    Welcome aboard! Glad to hear it is working again and yes, I think 4.4 is the latest for the S4...

8. SFGate

SFGate Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the site. DancingNexus

9. Yoshi323

Yoshi323 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thank you :) i was having some weird problem today and yesterday with the sounds on my phone where it would only work through my headphones, even system sounds, but i did nothing to fix it. it just happened on it's own twice. not sure what that problem comes from but that's beside my question hah.
    can you root on 4.4? i'm wondering if i should go to 4.4 or just stay on 4.2 using hyperdrive 10.1 since it seems pretty stable and i know the newer builds are usually the less-stable ones

Search tags for this page

how do i bypass lg mach password without wiping my phone cle