Hello -Rocky

Rocky_Droid

Reaction score
Hello! I've been lurking through these forums for quite a bit the past few days and finally decided to make an account. I have a motorola droid which I find superb. The fact that it has a keyboard makes it much better than most other phones imo. Especially when flash is released. I do have a question though. Should I keep my backlight off most of the time or does it not use that much battery? I currently have it off but I'm not sure whether it makes a difference or not and would of course rather having it on.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome, I keep mine on Auto. Seems to do well...

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome Rocky..glad you finally registered : )

Yes leaving the backlight off will save some battery BUT to what extent I personally do not know. I haven't ran the device with it on then off to see the difference. Sorry I am not able to help you on that one.

With that said I hope you enjoy your stay here. Make yourself at home.

Enjoy

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
check out some of the battery life threads for a real answer.. but basically, your screen is your biggest battery killer. choose a light background (so you can see your icons) and turn the brightness all the way down. there are also apps like screebl that will help.

welcome to the machine!

DROIDMASTER

Reaction score
I use the power control widget that comes stock with the phone. When im in school I turn it off or if my battery is low. If I want to show off my droid I turn it up all the way or if im watching a video its all the way.

To addjust brightness on power control it's the very far icon to the right that has a sun.

Welcome to Droid Forums!!!!

Dont listen to mods... just kiddin lol

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use the power control widget that comes stock with the phone. When im in school I turn it off or if my battery is low. If I want to show off my droid I turn it up all the way or if im watching a video its all the way.

To addjust brightness on power control it's the very far icon to the right that has a sun.

no DM is right.. we are bad news.

OP
R

Rocky_Droid

Reaction score

Hmm... Power control... Not to sure where that is. I don't see it in settings either.
Oh and almost forgot! While we're here, anyone know if there is an app somewhere that can run .mkv video's? I've had trouble converting them to .mp4's:icon_cool:

DROIDMASTER

Reaction score
Sorry dude maybe I made that unclear...

1. make a horizontal 1x4 space on one of your screens
2. long press in that area
3. select widgets
4. scroll down and look for "power control"

Its not an app it's a widget it's really helpful.

Hopefully you find it, im not sure of a good video converter yet.

OP
R

Rocky_Droid

Reaction score
Oh yse I see. Awesome that will be very useful. Thanks again!