Hello - New to Forum - Have Questions .....

Ballroom Diva

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm Ballroom Diva. :)

I have a Motorola Droid 2.2 with Verizon service. I will probably have a bunch of questions as time goes on, but right now I have a question about a particular situation.

I need to receive calls from a county jail facility, however, when I receive a call it goes directly to voicemail and the only way for me to receive the call is to be listening to the voicemail while the inmate calls again - that way I can grab the call before it goes to voicemail.

Is there any way, or something I can change or select, that will allow the phone to ring instead of going to voicemail? This doesn't happen with any other calls - only the calls from the jail - and these calls are the most important!

Thank you in advance for any help, ideas, tips, and suggestions.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! It seems like you have the contact (county jail facility) set to go directly to voice. Open the contact, tap settings, tap options and make sure the box "send to voice mail" is not checked. Hope this is helpful.

Mike

OP
B

Ballroom Diva

Reaction score
Welcome! It seems like you have the contact (county jail facility) set to go directly to voice. Open the contact, tap settings, tap options and make sure the box "send to voice mail" is not checked. Hope this is helpful.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I don't have the jail saved in my contacts. I can't call the jail, I have to wait for the jail to call me and when the call comes in it is "Restricted" or "Unknown" or "Private".

Also, I don't have an 'options' option in my contacts. I have a + sign, but when I touch that, it only allows me to save or delete a contact. I touched the icon at the bottom left on the phone, and checked into all the stuff in those sub-icons, but there is nothing for me to touch that says "send to voicemail". In fact, nothing at all that even says anything at all about voicemail.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. are these restricted, private, etc calls come in are they just the jail that is blocked? so if a friend calls u and it shows restricted, will these type of calls go straight to VM? im asking cause im wondering if vzw plan are restricting all these sort of calls. for instance, if a person calls my home with a blocked# they need to press *and whatever the two digit sequence code before my home phone rings

Droid2Global/Xoom... IMUA Hawaii

OP
B

Ballroom Diva

Reaction score
Correct. It is only the jail calls. The phone actually rings when I get calls from any other restricted or private numbers.