hello new to droid x!

mindytyson3

Reaction score
i have a blackberry pearl and i am considering getting me a droid x phone. i really need help on deciding if i need to get this phone or not. i will be looking around this site to read more about this phone but if anybody would like to give me advice or info on this phone that would be great! thanks for having me on this site!

Meyer

Reaction score
Well I'm brand new also and I ordered a Droid X on Thrusday. Won't ship until around the 23rd (Verizon) so I'll just post here as well instead of starting a new thread. I have the BB Storm 2. There isn't a thing wrong with it (for me anyways) and I just ordered the X because I got an early upgrade. It was an impulse buy and part of me wants to just cancel it. We'll see what kind of answers you get, maybe convince me to not cancel it.

OP
mindytyson3

mindytyson3

Reaction score
Well I'm brand new also and I ordered a Droid X on Thrusday. Won't ship until around the 23rd (Verizon) so I'll just post here as well instead of starting a new thread. I have the BB Storm 2. There isn't a thing wrong with it (for me anyways) and I just ordered the X because I got an early upgrade. It was an impulse buy and part of me wants to just cancel it. We'll see what kind of answers you get, maybe convince me to not cancel it.

i just don't know if i really like it because it don't have qwerty keyboard on it...ha. also i have heard they are big. i have small hands so not sure if i would like that. i need to go to a verizon store and just hold it and see if it works for me or not. i might do that tomorrow. i will see. well good luck. when you get your phone let me know if you like it or not. thanks.

Meyer

Reaction score
Hahaha! I'm not sure if I'm going to cancel it or not! That's why I posted here. I'll be honest, I know BB sucks as far as keeping up with technology, but I haven't had any problems with my Storm 2 & it does more than I need it to do. It was just an impulse buy cause I got an early upgrade. I played with the original Droid a lot and the Incredible a little and they are bad ass and the browser are quick as hell but I don't browse on my phone. I sit in front of a computer pretty much all day at work and of course my computer at home. I'm just looking for people to convince me to change.

OP
mindytyson3

mindytyson3

Reaction score
Hahaha! I'm not sure if I'm going to cancel it or not! That's why I posted here. I'll be honest, I know BB sucks as far as keeping up with technology, but I haven't had any problems with my Storm 2 & it does more than I need it to do. It was just an impulse buy cause I got an early upgrade. I played with the original Droid a lot and the Incredible a little and they are bad ass and the browser are quick as hell but I don't browse on my phone. I sit in front of a computer pretty much all day at work and of course my computer at home. I'm just looking for people to convince me to change.

ha oh ok! yeah i sit at my computer all day myself too! my blackberry pearl is just fine for me nothing wrong with it either i just never had a touch screen before and so my upgrade is up next month on the 15th so just looking around to see which one i think i might want..ha. my husband has the regular droid and he likes his. his work gave him his and he has had no problems with it. i just want one with a qwerty keyboard on it. i am not sure about just having the touch screen. i don't know..ha. im confused.

123noob321

Reaction score
you probably dont 'need' the droid x...but, hey, you're paying the extra 30 a month for smartphone anyway correct? so why not have the best?

they're lovely phones, and the best option for you at this point is to go to a store and check it out, like you previously stated..nobody can say wether you will like it or not. I love it tho. love it to death. love it to the...Xtreme! lol.

you may miss the keyboard. i do a little bit. swype and screen size makes it bearable. touchscreen will never be as good as physical tho. the bigger the screen the better it is tho. (ipad for instance is easy to type on because, hey, its big)

to the other dude..i'm not going to try to convince you to not cancel it because, well, its your money and ultimately it dosent matter how i like the phone. if your having second thoughts and your on the verge or whatever...dont you have like 30 dyas to take it back? the risk is $35 restocking fee.....and you of coarse just signed a contract for 2 years..so you have the option of a different phone.

so if you feel like upgrading/changing your phone, go for it! but if your happy with your bb, hey, your happy...thats all that really matters.

you're already paying for a smartphone plan so the difference to you is 200 lil 'uns.

OP
mindytyson3

mindytyson3

Reaction score
you probably dont 'need' the droid x...but, hey, you're paying the extra 30 a month for smartphone anyway correct? so why not have the best?

they're lovely phones, and the best option for you at this point is to go to a store and check it out, like you previously stated..nobody can say wether you will like it or not. I love it tho. love it to death. love it to the...Xtreme! lol.

you may miss the keyboard. i do a little bit. swype and screen size makes it bearable. touchscreen will never be as good as physical tho. the bigger the screen the better it is tho. (ipad for instance is easy to type on because, hey, its big)

to the other dude..i'm not going to try to convince you to not cancel it because, well, its your money and ultimately it dosent matter how i like the phone. if your having second thoughts and your on the verge or whatever...dont you have like 30 dyas to take it back? the risk is $35 restocking fee.....and you of coarse just signed a contract for 2 years..so you have the option of a different phone.

so if you feel like upgrading/changing your phone, go for it! but if your happy with your bb, hey, your happy...thats all that really matters.

you're already paying for a smartphone plan so the difference to you is 200 lil 'uns.

yes i am paying the 30 dollars a month so figured i would see whats out there as a touch screen based phone. i will definitely go to the store and put my hands on them though and see. thanks for the advice and info.

Meyer

Reaction score

Yeah, but what worries me is the fact that once I get the phone, I know I'll like it and keep it! Hahahaa! I don't care about the contract, I have Verizon and I'm never leaving anyways. Like I said, I'm just trying to be real with myself. Like a guy said in another thread, basically I would have it just to say I do. Although I know I would love it, just the wrong time to drop over 2 bills on a phone.

123noob321

Reaction score
just the wrong time to drop over 2 bills on a phone.
then I would suggest waiting for the right time.. you like your phone already, so there is no hurry. the more you think about it tho, the more you'll want it, emotions are tricky things.

i still feel guilty for the car i bought...... even tho i love it..i didnt need it. thats just me tho, I make impulse-esque buys then regret it later. maybe not regret, I just dont know what to call it.

you probably know the right answer already.

Meyer

Reaction score
then I would suggest waiting for the right time.. you like your phone already, so there is no hurry. the more you think about it tho, the more you'll want it, emotions are tricky things.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Exactly! The quicker I cancel it, the less I will think about it! But I know once I get it, I'm going to keep it! Then I'm going to mail in the $100 rebate, get it back and instead of getting putting back on my CC where it came from, I'm going to blow it and now I'm out over 3 bills!

123noob321

Reaction score

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Exactly! The quicker I cancel it, the less I will think about it! But I know once I get it, I'm going to keep it! Then I'm going to mail in the $100 rebate, get it back and instead of getting putting back on my CC where it came from, I'm going to blow it and now I'm out over 3 bills!

lol yeah I was planning on using my rebate card on gas since I have to buy that anyway...but, they gave me an instant rebate instead for some reason.:)

Meyer

Reaction score
Well I just cancelled it. They said to just do it online if I want it. They said I will avoid the $20 upgrade fee and the $100 rebate is instant. Sweet...give me a few days to think about this now. Thanks for letting me vent!