Hello. New member here with an issue.

dhebcfulton

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid 3, Android 2.3.4. I'm glad to be a part of this forum Below is my issue that I would appreciate some help.

I'm receiving an ongoing notification saying "Connected to HDMI cable". For no obvious reason the notification pops up when I'm not in Power Saving mode. I get a dialog with a selection to launch an application (Gallery, Music, Mirror on display) for pictures/video, music, or mirroring to a large display. The notification doesn't go away even after a reboot of the phone. If I plug the HDMI cable in and pull it out the notification goes away. It appears that something is causing the System to think an HDMI cable is plugged into the port when it is not. Have you seen this issue before?

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Someone should come along soon with some help. DancingNexus

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

I do not mirror much via HDMI so I don't have much to offer you...when this issue started, had you just downloaded an app or apps to help with the process? It is possible that you have a rogue app and a factory reset might be in order...if that does not solve the issue, then you could be looking at a possible hardware issue and you would need to contact your provider for resolution options...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums! I definitely agree with what STG has said, hopefully that will get you headed in the right direction.