1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Hello. New member here with an issue.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by dhebcfulton, Oct 28, 2012.

1. dhebcfulton

dhebcfulton New Member

I have a Motorola Droid 3, Android 2.3.4. I'm glad to be a part of this forum Below is my issue that I would appreciate some help.

I'm receiving an ongoing notification saying "Connected to HDMI cable". For no obvious reason the notification pops up when I'm not in Power Saving mode. I get a dialog with a selection to launch an application (Gallery, Music, Mirror on display) for pictures/video, music, or mirroring to a large display. The notification doesn't go away even after a reboot of the phone. If I plug the HDMI cable in and pull it out the notification goes away. It appears that something is causing the System to think an HDMI cable is plugged into the port when it is not. Have you seen this issue before?
  2. SFGate

SFGate New Member

Welcome to the site. Someone should come along soon with some help. DancingNexus
  3. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I do not mirror much via HDMI so I don't have much to offer you...when this issue started, had you just downloaded an app or apps to help with the process? It is possible that you have a rogue app and a factory reset might be in order...if that does not solve the issue, then you could be looking at a possible hardware issue and you would need to contact your provider for resolution options...
    1 person likes this.
  4. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to Droid Forums! I definitely agree with what STG has said, hopefully that will get you headed in the right direction.