Hello! (i'm new here)

newtodroid99

Reaction score
hi all. i'm new to the site, new to droid life. :greendroid: i just got my first smartphone last week, an Eris. I love a lot about it, and really the only thing i'm having a hard time getting used to is the lack of a physical keyboard...still not sure if i'll be able to get used to that or not. i've toyed with the idea of moving to the motorola droid but find a lot of the things i like about the eris are reviewed as better on the eri than the droid; ie the pinch/multitouch control, additional home screens, etc.

so...i'm looking forward to finding good info on this site - though i'm intimidated by the rooting and leaking convos - over my head at this point!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums here. Plenty of info. Read up on it and the techie stuff won't be so techie anymore.

If you just got your phone play with it a little and then if you are concerned that you are missing something on the moto droid take one for a spin at your nearby store to compare the pinch to zoom and everything else before your 30 days are up. With the Helixlauncher market app you can get up to 7 home-screens. You don't need to root to use that app. My phone is set to 5 screens which is plenty for now.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hi all. i'm new to the site, new to droid life. :greendroid: i just got my first smartphone last week, an Eris. I love a lot about it, and really the only thing i'm having a hard time getting used to is the lack of a physical keyboard...still not sure if i'll be able to get used to that or not. i've toyed with the idea of moving to the motorola droid but find a lot of the things i like about the eris are reviewed as better on the eri than the droid; ie the pinch/multitouch control, additional home screens, etc.

so...i'm looking forward to finding good info on this site - though i'm intimidated by the rooting and leaking convos - over my head at this point!

Welcome to the forum, newtodroid99! We're glad that you've decided to join us! Christim is absolutely right, test drive the Eris and see if it meets your needs. You can always move to the Droid within the 30 day time frame should that become more appealing to you later. Just remember, if you get stuck, all you have to do is post a question in the appropriate area and someone will be along to help you out. Enjoy!

:welcome: