hello I'm new, and i just broke my phone.

JeffGalaviz

Reaction score
i will do my best to describe my problem with my motorola razr maxx. hopefully, you wise android lovers could help me out. i rooted my phone when i first got it. it was working fine. then when the OTA update for Jelly Bean was released my phone wouldn't accept it. I did not give up. i installed safestrap on my phone and attempted to run two Roms to test out which one i'd like the most. The roms were Full Throttle and eclipse. full Throttle worked fine except i didn't know how to make the google aps to work. so i returned it to my original rom. and tried to run the eclipse rom. the first 2 times is gave me a black screen and it didn't even run. (i must add that the battery was about at 60%) so i decided to re-download it, this time i would add the google aps with it. i used safestrap, i opened the google aps first, then added eclipse, then pressed reboot. then i got a motorola sign and a black screen. safe strap doesn't load anymore.

could it be the battery being too low that i now have a new paperweight? do i need a new phone? can i repair this using a mac, even if i'm not the authorized user?

i tried the three button press, release the top button to get fastboot. i tried using MacUtility, but the sumo password wont start the booting process. any guiding hand would help. i am not computer savi. and if i read the warning of the macUtility correctly if i do this wrong i could potentially mess the computer up. this is something i do not want. thank you. if you took the time to read this. i'm probably posting this on the wrong part of the forum and if i am please let me know how i can post correctly. thank you.

lowvolt

Reaction score
On the Razr M if you hold power and volume down it does a soft reset. This may help. I would not expect your battery to be dead from 60%.

OP
J

JeffGalaviz

Reaction score
thanks. i tried that as well. the 60% battery life was a because i have heard many times that when you are rebooting your phone it should be at 80% or higher on the battery life, or it could potentially mess the phone up. so yeah. thanks. i as soon as i read your post i tried it again. same thing, just a motorola emblem.

KaChow

Reaction score
i will do my best to describe my problem with my motorola razr maxx. hopefully, you wise android lovers could help me out. i rooted my phone when i first got it. it was working fine. then when the OTA update for Jelly Bean was released my phone wouldn't accept it. I did not give up. i installed safestrap on my phone and attempted to run two Roms to test out which one i'd like the most. The roms were Full Throttle and eclipse. full Throttle worked fine except i didn't know how to make the google aps to work. so i returned it to my original rom. and tried to run the eclipse rom. the first 2 times is gave me a black screen and it didn't even run. (i must add that the battery was about at 60%) so i decided to re-download it, this time i would add the google aps with it. i used safestrap, i opened the google aps first, then added eclipse, then pressed reboot. then i got a motorola sign and a black screen. safe strap doesn't load anymore.

could it be the battery being too low that i now have a new paperweight? do i need a new phone? can i repair this using a mac, even if i'm not the authorized user?

i tried the three button press, release the top button to get fastboot. i tried using MacUtility, but the sumo password wont start the booting process. any guiding hand would help. i am not computer savi. and if i read the warning of the macUtility correctly if i do this wrong i could potentially mess the computer up. this is something i do not want. thank you. if you took the time to read this. i'm probably posting this on the wrong part of the forum and if i am please let me know how i can post correctly. thank you.

I can certainly get your phone fixed, so no need to worry about a replacement. Go into my thread [TOOL] Easy Root Komplete just click here and set this aside for right now. Right now we have a Restored Root method for 4.1.2, which this is first mentioned in the thread, and this is very important. What you need to do is Install the DROID_RAZR_HD_UTILITY 1.10 (which it sounds like you are on JB 4.1.1 right now). Extract the utility to your desktop, run as an "Administrator, go ahead and put yourself into "AP Fastboot" (Reboot Hold Power+Volume down{-}) then immediately Hold Power+Volume up{+} press the Volume down to AP Fastboot> press Volume up. The next step is to return to 4.0.4, once there do not setup skip through all the screens, pull the menu down go into Settings> About phone> take the first security 0.7.2 update> after phone reboots> skip through all the screens, pull the drop down menu, select Settings> About phone> download the 4.1.1 update and install it. After it has installed skip through all the screens and pull the menu down, select Settings> About phone> take the 4.1.2 update. ALL OF THIS SHOULD GO VERY SMOOTHLY, DO NOT ENTER INFORMATION OR DOWNLOAD APPS, THERE IS NO NEED. After 4.1.2 goes through go back into [TOOL] Easy Root Komplete and follow my instructions to Root 4.1.2, then get yourself setup, put information in after you have Root. Can consider Unlocking your Bootloader after you have Root, install a custom Recovery or just keep Root and install Safestrap (the latest is here in 3.12.) Enjoy!

OP
J

JeffGalaviz

Reaction score
ok. i 'm following you. i have a mac. so i should try to run the lenixmacutility again? any advice on how to get past the sumo issue?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome aboard Jeff!

I am not familiar with using a "mac" on the Droid Utility but sure hope you can get your issue resolved.

KaChow

Reaction score
ok. i 'm following you. i have a mac. so i should try to run the lenixmacutility again? any advice on how to get past the sumo issue?

Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with any advice when it comes to Mac, however I would suggest contacting JohntheHillBilly through a PM, as he designed the Utility that is compatiable with both Mac and Linux. Other forms of contact would be via Twitter @johnhillbilly.