Hello....I'm naive

thmax

Reaction score
I am going to be buying a droid phone very soon, it will be my first one and like my title says I'm new to the whole android world. I've looked around here for awhile and understand that apps need to be closed or they will continue to run in the background and eat up your battery. It also seems that alot of people are against ATK. So my first android question would be what do you do to close running apps. And what other things should I know about android that isn't I the manual or anything. Sorry about the long post.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the app has an exit button, use it. Otherwise, don't worry about it. Even if it has an exit button, you could ignore it. Android has a built in automated task killer that frees up resources as needed.

That being said, be careful what apps you install. Some apps, widgets, etc. run in the background and sap your resources. They could even steal some of your info. Pay attention to the privileges that you allow when installing downloads from the market. If a notepad app runs in the background for no good reason, I uninstall it and get another. If a game wants access to my contacts, I don't install it.

OP
thmax

thmax

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply

Ok cool I was wondering about that, thanks alot.

alphawave7

Reaction score
Welcome thmax! I sometimes use TasKiller Free to recover from a hung app (Nexus One user here), I had two instances today: Pandora froze solid when I went to Edge, and a notification window from Titanium Backup refused to die by itself...TasKiller took care of both without restarting my phone. There are arguments for and against their use, but simply do what works for you! Enjoy DF! dancedroid