Hello, i'm looking to get into a new rom here is what i need.

vancouverbluz

Reaction score
I want to eliminate the bloat that my 605 had, but i want to be able to import all of my settings including verizon contacts that i store on their cloud, and my sdcard saved call logs and text messeges and calender data. I tried cyanogen7 and it was a total nightmare. I loved the the speed as well as the power longevity, but i hated that i couldn't import my contacts! I also disliked that i wasn't able to sync up and browse my sdcard from my pc. I sbfed back to froyo, but I don't want to ota 605. I want something better without compromising what i had, my kindle book saves for instance. Another thing i disliked about cyanomod was that it was a nightly, I want something final and stable. I disliked that the notifications didn't show specific email info etc like 605 did. Please advise. Thanks

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
SBF to .602 and give Liberty 3 a try, I think it would be perfect for you

+1 to liberty... it's a great blur based rom... great battery life and just enough blur to keep what you want

OP
V

vancouverbluz

Reaction score
SBF to .602 and give Liberty 3 a try, I think it would be perfect for you
Thanks, i appreciate it, i will be installing Lib3. I really liked the idea of gps working only when needed without my intervention - cyanomod. But i didn't like the social networking apps that stay resident in your memory-605 gb. Shouldn't i be able to install a boot loader and then load lib3 from froyo without having to sbf 602?

leftspin

Reaction score
Thanks, i appreciate it, i will be installing Lib3. I really liked the idea of gps working only when needed without my intervention - cyanomod. But i didn't like the social networking apps that stay resident in your memory-605 gb. Shouldn't i be able to install a boot loader and then load lib3 from froyo without having to sbf 602?

Install a bootloader? Not sure what you mean by that..

Since you're on .340 you have two options, SBF or all-in-one updater. You can flash the all-in-one in CWR and it will bring you up to the proper kernel but in my experience the cleanest and easiest way to do it in the long run is just flash the SBF

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Shouldn't i be able to install a boot loader and then load lib3 from froyo without having to sbf 602?

No... No bootloader or kernel... Sadly the x has a locked bootloader... So we are unable to do fun things like that

Post script: like left said.. Sbf is the cleanest and best (in my option)

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

OP
V

vancouverbluz

Reaction score
No... No bootloader or kernel... Sadly the x has a locked bootloader... So we are unable to do fun things like that

Post script: like left said.. Sbf is the cleanest and best (in my option)

Once again thanks for the valued info but couldn't I just do the ota605, root it and then install lib3?

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Once again thanks for the valued info but couldn't I just do the ota605, root it and then install lib3?

Yup.. You can.. The Droid 3 one click root will get ya rooted

leftspin

Reaction score
if you're on rooted froyo or have removed any bloatware you need to unroot and put those applications back or the OTA update will fail

OP
V

vancouverbluz

Reaction score
Yea, i found that out the hard way, i sbfed to 602. Now i root and then bootload to liberty3v1.0.zip?

leftspin

Reaction score
Yea, i found that out the hard way, i sbfed to 602. Now i root and then bootload to liberty3v1.0.zip?

root using the D3 One Click (you need a computer), then bootstrap using the Droid 2 bootstrapper, reboot into CWR and flash liberty3v1.0.zip

OP
V

vancouverbluz

Reaction score
root using the D3 One Click (you need a computer), then bootstrap using the Droid 2 bootstrapper, reboot into CWR and flash liberty3v1.0.zip
When I do that it says(bad) installation aborted in recovery mode. That is after I've whiled cache and data factory reset. I also tried dovrak whipe

leftspin

Reaction score
When I do that it says(bad) installation aborted in recovery mode. That is after I've whiled cache and data factory reset. I also tried dovrak whipe

sounds like you got a bad download then. Try downloading it again, make sure you wipe data, cache, and dalvik before you try to install (and doing it afterward doesn't hurt), and make sure you're downloading the right Liberty

OP
V

vancouverbluz

Reaction score
sounds like you got a bad download then. Try downloading it again, make sure you wipe data, cache, and dalvik before you try to install (and doing it afterward doesn't hurt), and make sure you're downloading the right Liberty

Thanks! It runs great,this is the rom for life. One question,the 3g mobile hotspots in the applications menu is the one Verizon charges you for or is it the free one? When I entered it I didn't get any charge warning popups.

Last edited: