hello I am new and have pushed to many droid 3 buttons :)

lemmony

Reaction score
I am not sure where to post this so please bear with me... I need some major help on some big time techy issues..:icon_eek:

Ok I have a droid3 Verizon phone and I am a complete novice so most likely should not be doing what I have done and I do not recommend the ideas to anyone who is a novice like me.

1 I played around with google .. rooted my phone, I don't like being told I have to have garbage I don't want when phones mine, well that and for the privilege of being able to say i did it..:icon_ banana: hahahah

2nd i added TB (titanium backup) deletes stuff real well but the back up portion of the program doesn't work as advertised at all.....:icon_evil::icon_evil:

3rd i played an opps and deleted a whole bunch of stuff, some of which I should have left alone. My contacts stopped working,my browser stopped working,my navigator kept saying some forced close crap, and everything went buggy..

4th I tried to do a factory restore.. Bad move ended up with a loop error..... did the touch the four corners worked my way out of the loop error but nothing would work still. Some how got into the market and downloaded go contacts, go browser, and go operating system...just on wild guesses because I knew contacting verizon was out of the question at this point.. hahhah

On he bright side everything appears to be working well again including the navigator. I still get a force close if i try to call a number from the text message area but that's no biggy...

Are you awake and ready for the problem? I want to reload the original operating system so that i can receive updates and stuff ..
I stumbled on a 3 step plan to do just that....hmmm.. are you worried yet?
1st download RSD lite to my computer and the proper Motorola drivers (in my case for a 64bit computer), then download a link that sposed to be the original os... I did everything then i plugged my phone in and turned phone off and turned phone on and then opened everything one thing at a time as instructed then the rsd box shows the VZW download thing in one area and phone area in another.. but then says failed to flash :( HELP?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF!!

How did you make out with your problem? I am not very good at trouble shooting when it comes to SBF but there are 2 quick tricks I suggest when people have issues. First I would try to uninstall and then reinstall the drivers. If that does not work you could always try a different version of RSD. I do not know which ones work well with the D3 since I do not have one unfortunately.