Hello from the FNG!

djetch

Reaction score
I think this Droid (Droid 4) makes my 3rd Droid although I can't seem to remember the first one for some reason. Anyway I switched over from an iPhone3GS when I got bored with the unchanging layout. I did actually jailbreak it, didn't like the way it ran and proceeded to brick the phone while attempting to un-jailbreak it.

I've been happy with Droids ever since. Had Motorola's the whole time as I have an affinity for the brand that started back when cell phones did. I've had a cell phone since about the mid-to-late 90s back when I got my first Motorola Star-Tac flip phone.

I'm a big Linux geek so having an Adroid phone just seems like the logical choice!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum! We are happy to have ya with us - jump in & enjoy!!

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forums glad you joined us

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! :)

OP
djetch

djetch

Reaction score
...and just like on step one (flashing to the stock fast-boot) I softed bricked my phone. You would think with someone knee deep in Linux and programming I wouldn't do stuff like this but man I have the worst luck! Battery charge just run out while trying. Had to do the live wire jump start to get her going again. Hoping for better luck the second go around. :biggrin:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
...and just like on step one (flashing to the stock fast-boot) I softed bricked my phone. You would think with someone knee deep in Linux and programming I wouldn't do stuff like this but man I have the worst luck! Battery charge just run out while trying. Had to do the live wire jump start to get her going again. Hoping for better luck the second go around. :biggrin:

Well that stinks, but I am glad to hear you got her up and running again.

And BTW, I like the quote in your signature :)