Hello from Pittsburgh, PA

bjmoore26

Reaction score
Hello all. I've been a member since mid-December but haven't taken time to post an intro thread. I'm Brandon from Evans City, PA which is about an hour north of PIttsburgh. I am a convert from the BB Storm 1 which is a useless piece of crap that I would never use again. I love my Droid and so does my wife (we both have one).

I am a huge dog lover, particularly the Dachshund. I have one now but had 3 growing up at home with my parents. I currently have a short haired red male that thinks he owns and runs my house.

I am a huge Pens and Steelers fan. I am a Reagan style Republican. My beliefs would be better suited for the 1950's and don't fit well in today's society. I am a Christian and very involved in my church. I do have a tendency to be sarcastic and have very dark humor.

Hello to you all, and where is my 2.1 update that was promised to be delivered Jan 22nd? And now Feb. 1st and Feb. 29th?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As a former Blackberry Storm user I can only say that if you've ever used the Storm and then got a Droid you will appreciate more then many others. I was in the Storm cult myself but now I'm free with my Droid. Welcome to the forum.

OP
bjmoore26

bjmoore26

Reaction score
As a former Blackberry Storm user I can only say that if you've ever used the Storm and then got a Droid you will appreciate more then many others. I was in the Storm cult myself but now I'm free with my Droid. Welcome to the forum.

My wife and I both had Storms. It was ok until they released the new 5.0 software that just made that thing a serious POS. I have more faith in the Droid and I am pretty sure that 2.1 won't completely render my phone a POS like the Storm.

The only thing I do miss from the BB is the PIN messaging. I liked that because my wife and I didn't have to pay for txting. Wish the Droid had it - or does it and I don't know about it?

M

Matth3w

There are a lot of us originally from the Pittsburgh area on here for some reason. Go Pens!

clyons077

Reaction score
another Pittsburgher here... Pitt undergrad Microbiology and History & Philosophy of Science BS/BA student and student researcher... general all-around nerd with geek cred... loving the droid (mod-ed up to the teeth)

OP
bjmoore26

bjmoore26

Reaction score
Ok nobody has answered my question yet - does the droid have something similar to the BB PIN messaging?

And nice to meet all of you Pittsburghers!!! Long Live the PENS, STILLERS, BILLY MAYS and PRIMANTIS

M

Matth3w

I wouldn't ask your question here, head over to the other relevant subforums. Most members that don't browse new posts won't see your thread, and if they're not from Pittsburgh or PA they aren't likely to come in here and give you answers.

M

Matth3w

You could always get Google Voice...free text messaging from there. I would use GV to text but my wife doesn't have a GV capable phone so we would still need txt messaging on our plan anyhow.

OP
bjmoore26

bjmoore26

Reaction score
You could always get Google Voice...free text messaging from there. I would use GV to text but my wife doesn't have a GV capable phone so we would still need txt messaging on our plan anyhow.

Will definitely look into that. Thanks man