Hello from North Dakota

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by KinderwoodLabs2, Jan 28, 2010.

1. KinderwoodLabs2

KinderwoodLabs2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone!

My husband and I both got the Droid Eris a few weeks ago. So far, we are pretty happy with it. I think I really like the versatility- although I'm sure I haven't tapped into even half of it. I have been thinking about getting the Motorola instead, but haven't fully committed to the idea. When I asked about the difference at the Verizon store, I was told that it is purely design- although I'm not totally convinced of that. At this point, after much research, I've heard so much good and bad about both that my head is spinning, lol. So, if you had a choice, which one would you go with (and why)?

Maybe more about us would help...

My husband is a transport refridgeration technician and I am, currently, a homemaker and website designer. We have 2 Labrador Retrievers (with another on the way) and, although we are in an "off season", we are usually pretty busy showing them on the weekends. So, we obviously need a smartphone that can keep up with us and handle quite a bit of load as well as wear and tear.

Thanks!
    Darcy
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    :welcome: to the Forum. I don't know much about the Eris myself but I don't think the SD card is the same size and I do know for a fact that it doesn't have a pull out keyboard.

Plenty of other people around can probably help you better. Anyway, glad to meet you enjoy your Eris. Or maybe your Droid.:)
  3. Phoxus

Phoxus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Allow me to boast to you.

The Motorola Droid substantially dominates the HTC Droid Eris.

In Beauty, specs, handling and many other aspects.

The Droid is POWER, not just design. Any Verizon employee should never say they're the same phone but look different. That's ridiculous!!!

Motorola Droid way more everything for you to make the switch. This I promise.
  4. Big Cam

Big Cam Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the forum, I'm in Fargo and lovin the Droid.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  5. KinderwoodLabs2

KinderwoodLabs2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks everyone! I think I've found a few ways to make peace with my Eris for now, lol...Looking forward to learning and growing with it.