Hello from iFight App developer.

Natolx

Reaction score
nice. Well done :D. Now one request I have, although I'm not sure if its possible. Can the different sounds(for the sword as an example) be assigned to particular movement somehow instead of just the app choosing the other sounds at random intervals?

OP
A

akacaj

Reaction score
nice. Well done :D. Now one request I have, although I'm not sure if its possible. Can the different sounds(for the sword as an example) be assigned to particular movement somehow instead of just the app choosing the other sounds at random intervals?

They are not random. Three different sound pitches play depending on how hard you swing. All weapons do it its just that the sword is easiest to hear. Try flicking your wrist lightly and you will hear a lower pitch, then try harder.

Market place only allows me a 380 character description. I cant really put instructions on there. Maybe you can write that on your review so that other people can see it?

I suppose I could also look into a different way of doing it. Ill think about it.

Last edited:

Natolx

Reaction score
The droid accelerometer seems to be so sensitive that its almost impossible to get the lowest level sound consistently and its not easy to the mid level sound consistently either(although it can be done) Maybe an adjustment to the levels at which each sound activates? Or is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the accelerometer on our end?

OP
A

akacaj

Reaction score
The thing is that some people want to just flick their wrist and some people want to swing their entire arm. If I drop the sensitivity then it wouldnt work at the flick of the wrist. If I provide sensitivity control sliders it then becomes more complicated than it needs to be. I chose the current seemingly random settings because when I tested in a sword fight all three sounds played and I thought the user could focus more on the fun part rather than on which sound to play.
Ill fuss around with it some more tonight and submit an update if I can make it better.

Thank you for your feedback!

Are there any other features that you would like to see? How about a sonic boom or a haaayukennn or a tiger uppercut? lol would love to get the royaltees on those sounds but since I cant maybe ill do something where you can provide your own sounds.

Natolx

Reaction score
or while we're going streetfighter, a blanka electricity sound, I could totally see someone curling up in a ball and doing that... lol

edit: On a more serious note, to avoid cluttering the screen, you could make the sounds on the main app page be able to be switched out instead of just adding more icons

Last edited:

andjarnic

Reaction score
Hey, as a developer of Android myself... cool app! I got a couple ideas for you. You said you didn't want to over complicate it's use, and that's a good idea. But how about a "settings" or "config" option where a user can choose which sounds are activated? I haven't got into accelerometer programming yet, but can you detect up/down, left/right, rotating movements? Or is it just movement only but at different sensitivity levels? My thought is, allow a user to assign what sounds to play based on either sensitivity and/or the motion (if possible).

Along those same lines, allow the user to add sounds or record a sound for use. Perhaps add a timer option where after some period the user can have the sounds change to some new sounds. Of course this is all motion based so that may not work very well, but if you could make use of a few on screen buttons... although that might be awkward when using it. Just some thoughts to throw out there.

Another idea, not sure if it would have any use or not, but make use of the GPS and allow a user to set points for sound activation.. by that I mean, someone wants to do the iPhone vs Droid video as was suggested (the best idea btw), so they stand at a location, select the sounds they want to use at that location (and surrounding area), then move say 15 feet to another location, select some new sounds, etc. This way, they can record a single performance and as they move to the new locations, the new sounds are loaded in for use. They wouldn't have to specifically select which sounds to use as they do now. However, I haven't done GPS programming either (in fact, I am a noob to Android so not much of anything other than some basic button click programming lol), not sure how accurate GPS can detect you at. But this idea is based on the "where's my car" gps thing where you set the gps location when you park your car, then use it to later try to find it.

Keep it up. Hope you are making some money on it! I might be getting laid off soon and would love to focus on Android apps (and iPhone eventually, but am no fan of ObjectiveC and having to own a dang Mac to write for it!) for a career.

OP
A

akacaj

Reaction score
You said you didn't want to over complicate it's use, and that's a good idea. But how about a "settings" or "config" option where a user can choose which sounds are activated?
You mean which BG soundtrack?
I haven't got into accelerometer programming yet, but can you detect up/down, left/right, rotating movements? Or is it just movement only but at different sensitivity levels? My thought is, allow a user to assign what sounds to play based on either sensitivity and/or the motion (if possible).
You can detect direction relative to the phone. But you have no way of knowing how the user is holding their phone. If I made some assumptions on how the user would handle their phone I might be able to come up with a clever algorithm. Ill have to look into that. A phone with a digital compas would make it easier.
Along those same lines, allow the user to add sounds or record a sound for use. Perhaps add a timer option where after some period the user can have the sounds change to some new sounds. Of course this is all motion based so that may not work very well, but if you could make use of a few on screen buttons... although that might be awkward when using it. Just some thoughts to throw out there.
I am looking into this option but the SDK is very particular about the kind of sound files that it can play, the length of the file etc. This may be way to much to ask from a user. As an example, I had to convert all of my sounds to OGG for the Droid because MP3 would crash it.
Another idea, not sure if it would have any use or not, but make use of the GPS and allow a user to set points for sound activation.. by that I mean, someone wants to do the iPhone vs Droid video as was suggested (the best idea btw), so they stand at a location, select the sounds they want to use at that location (and surrounding area), then move say 15 feet to another location, select some new sounds, etc. This way, they can record a single performance and as they move to the new locations, the new sounds are loaded in for use. They wouldn't have to specifically select which sounds to use as they do now. However, I haven't done GPS programming either (in fact, I am a noob to Android so not much of anything other than some basic button click programming lol), not sure how accurate GPS can detect you at. But this idea is based on the "where's my car" gps thing where you set the gps location when you park your car, then use it to later try to find it.
This is a great idea and I have looked into something similar before for one on one battles but the accuracy is not good enough. Woudlnt work inside buildings etc. Something to keep in mind when GPS does become accurate to 1 foot though.

Thanks for the feedback and glad you are enjoying the app!

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I would love to see the Sonic Boom and other street fighter sounds.

J. Dub

Reaction score
I'd love street fighter sounds!
Also is there a lite version that is free? If so I can't seem to find it. I was goin to try it out first but I think there is a return policy so I'll just go that route. Thanks for this app!

DJTURNz

Reaction score
The shotgun sound needs work. The pump racking happens too quick, and it is just as loud as the shot. It sounds like one big messy sound instead of a shot, then racking the slide.

My son loves the app though.

OP
A

akacaj

Reaction score
Sorry for the long delay I lost track of this post. The latest version has an option to adjust the sensitivity.

A bunch of people have told me that the shotgun does not sound real. I am looking into ways to improve it within the limitations of the droid (and other android phones) speakers. If you actually played the sound through good speakers you will see that it is way more realistic. It was sampled from a real shotgun after all.

pinballwizard

Reaction score
somebody have a fight to the death with an iPhone user....

fight will start off with the gong, the combatants will break out their whips first and welt their opponent up for the first round.

Second round will consist of a 30 second biatch slap contest.

Third round it escalates into fist's

Fourth round it start's to get a little more serious. Break out the swords. If their is still both fighters standing..the fight gets deadly serious.

5th and final round is a shootout with the M16's, pistol and shotty's . All out war.

Somebody should film that and post it on youtube. Forget these other Droid/iPhone comparisons : )

This would be the classic showdown that will end the "what phone is better" threads

Because everyone knows a predetermined acted out fight with a phone app is the best way to have the showdown.