Hello from Houston

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by boogie, May 24, 2010.

1. boogie

boogie New Member

Not a Droid owner yet, but hopefully will be soon. Just trying to do research. I am currently a omni owner (sad to say). What are the pros and cons that you have noticed using the phone. I do not like omina's battery life, and winmo...I would rather pull teeth. I am not a tech person, so creating stuff is not for me. I like the idea of all the apps. Let me know what you think. All info will be apprecated
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. Judging from what you are saying about battery life, that would be a down side to the Droid but that is true about most smart phones. It simply takes a lot of energy to power these beauties.

You also mention you're not a tech person. You don't have to be but the Droid has a huge learning curve to it. Once you pass the curve you'll love it but it can be quite frustrating to some people initially.

The good news is you have 30 days to try it and if you don't like it you can take it back and get something else. And the other good news is as a member of this Forum you now have around 70,000 other friends to help explain the Droid to you.

There's not a lot of instructions that come with the Droid, so you'll want to look at our faq's for answers for basic issues. There is also an online instruction .pdf document. http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles...tatic-Files/DROID_UG_Verizon_68000202474a.pdf

Let us know what else we can do for you when you get your Droid. :)