1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

hello from bsam (gotta be somebody- I'm sam)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by bsam, Jun 4, 2011.

1. bsam

bsam New Member

Quick hello. Have enjoyed the Droid 2 Global and am using regular Skype for Android (not Skype Mobile) over wifi and/or 3G just fine.

Would like:
    - Skype Access
    - Act as hotspot and/or tethered network for Mac Book
    -- have not tried to tether Windows PC

Basically just getting started and having some fun understanding both the features and limits. Will worry about breaking past limits later :blackdroid:
  2. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Well there are few options to tether however depends if ur rooted. In the market there are quite a few that may help u out. If ur not rooted there is Easy Tether that is wired to ur device. If u are rooted, there is Barnacle or Wireless Tether for Root users. All are in the market.
    But just a quick note, tethering can drain the battery quite fast depending what ur downloading.

I have a Global as well as DX and I love my Global lot more. The forum has a lot of info to read up on and check out our Droid 2 section for all other information

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA
  3. bsam

bsam New Member

thanks! that does get me started in the right direction.
  4. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

the community is always here to assist u

sent from the Hawaiian D2G