Hello folks glad to meet you

wkwaggoner

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo 2
So I'm 57 years old, male, and made the jump to the DROID. I'm fustrated by the thing, but time should fix that. I do a lot of picture/sound file sending. I've since learned the DROID cannot do this. That is a real issue with me. I've seen there are apps however such as ASTRO, recc by VZW that should solve this problem. Also I am so used to the DARE that even making a simple CELL CALL, or answering one is a task at this point. I drive a lot and a simple, no look button push was all I ever had to do. Now it seems I'm too busy trying to do it. Don't use bluetooth at all. I will read a lot here. However, although it appears over the top for someone like me, my transition from a simple LG8300 to the DARE was not so easy either. The quest for a simple pouch with a sturdy belt clip is crazy. I can't believe no one is making one that simply allows me to put it in or take it out, and still have a flat to protect it without MAGNETS! Yikes! Anyway, thank you all for your postings, and I have been reading, and learning a lot. I'll keep my life simple, but will mess with the DROID to get it where I want it to get to. In this lifetime! Thanks

Big Cam

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, I hope you solve all your issues otherwise maybe the droids not for you?

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
welcome to the forums! And to your new phone. Hopefully in time you will get used to and end up loving the nuances of the phone.

So I'm 57 years old, male, and made the jump to the DROID. I'm fustrated by the thing, but time should fix that. I do a lot of picture/sound file sending. I've since learned the DROID cannot do this. That is a real issue with me. I've seen there are apps however such as ASTRO, recc by VZW that should solve this problem. Also I am so used to the DARE that even making a simple CELL CALL, or answering one is a task at this point. I drive a lot and a simple, no look button push was all I ever had to do. Now it seems I'm too busy trying to do it. Don't use bluetooth at all. I will read a lot here. However, although it appears over the top for someone like me, my transition from a simple LG8300 to the DARE was not so easy either. The quest for a simple pouch with a sturdy belt clip is crazy. I can't believe no one is making one that simply allows me to put it in or take it out, and still have a flat to protect it without MAGNETS! Yikes! Anyway, thank you all for your postings, and I have been reading, and learning a lot. I'll keep my life simple, but will mess with the DROID to get it where I want it to get to. In this lifetime! Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hang in there wkwaggoner with the members help and huge data base here you will quickly learn how to get around the Operating System/Device.

It is quite a lot to learn no doubt so don't feel bad. It can take even experienced smartphone users a good 3 weeks to get totally comfortable with the device.

You are already ahead of most people because you chose to register here and read. So congrats to you. It will help a lot.

So welcome aboard. I don't need to tell you what to do here you already are doing it : )

If you have ANY questions that you could not find through the search and FAQ section please do ask. The members here are EXCELLENT at helping others out.

Glad to have you here. Good luck

OP
wkwaggoner

wkwaggoner

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo 2
Thanks-this is a good place to get answers, and exceptional opinions. Do I need this new addition? Of course. I work in the car biz, we do this type of new stuff everyday. It just takes me awhile to get on board. I survive each time however and always ask why not instead of why. CU out there....