Hello fellow Droiders!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I just bought my Droid about a week or so ago and I absolutely love it I've been doing a lot of reading on the fourum and everyone seems extremley helpful.

In the short time i've had the phone i've already rooted, installed spr, made a nandroid backup, overclocked (only to 600, worried about heat related issues), unrooted back to stock and then installed launcher 2. I absolutely love the full customization of the android system!

Now i think i'm planning on waiting to root again until the 2.1 update comes out...whenever that is going to be.

My questions are:

1.It seems ever since I installed Launcher 2 it seems like my phone has slowed down. Is that normal beacuse of the 5 screens and 3d app drawer and if so is there anything I can do to offset the situation?

2.Also what .apk/apps would everyone recomend?

3. When I do root again should i be worried about overclocking to say 1Ghz? I just bought a seido innocase for it and don't want to do heat related damage to the phone.

4. Just wonderring if anyone knows if once u put on a full body invisible skin on does the seido innocase still fit perfectly and is that too many layers for overclocking?

Thanks so much

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Like you, I've learned so much from this forum. The members are fantastic.

Hi everybody, I just bought my Droid about a week or so ago and I absolutely love it I've been doing a lot of reading on the fourum and everyone seems extremley helpful.

In the short time i've had the phone i've already rooted, installed spr, made a nandroid backup, overclocked (only to 600, worried about heat related issues), unrooted back to stock and then installed launcher 2. I absolutely love the full customization of the android system!

Now i think i'm planning on waiting to root again until the 2.1 update comes out...whenever that is going to be.

My questions are:

1.It seems ever since I installed Launcher 2 it seems like my phone has slowed down. Is that normal beacuse of the 5 screens and 3d app drawer and if so is there anything I can do to offset the situation?

I'm rooted using Matth3W's process and run BB 2.1 v0.4 which provides 5 screens. I've not experienced any delays.

2.Also what .apk/apps would everyone recomend?

I feel that depends on your needs. What would you like to do that you can not do now?

3. When I do root again should i be worried about overclocking to say 1Ghz? I just bought a seido innocase for it and don't want to do heat related damage to the phone.

It seems that each phone reacts differently to OC. I've been running at 1GHZ since mid February without any issues. Try a kernel and see how your phone reacts. You can scale down or remove if you have issues.

4. Just wonderring if anyone knows if once u put on a full body invisible skin on does the seido innocase still fit perfectly and is that too many layers for overclocking?

I only use a screen protector so I can comment.

Thanks so much

Mike

OP
Tallica

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I'm rooted using Matth3W's process and run BB 2.1 v0.4 which provides 5 screens. I've not experienced any delays.

Is that because u r over clocked and rooted? I am running the launcher on 2.0.1 (non rooted)

Droidfish

Reaction score
the 2.1 launcher never has worked very well on 2.0.1 and really hasn't worked that well until recently on any 2.1 builds with bugless beast being one of the few exceptions.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Is that because u r over clocked and rooted? I am running the launcher on 2.0.1 (non rooted)

Yes. I choose to root and Bugless Beast provided me with the 5 screens and I added Chevy's 5 slot 1GHz kernel for over clocking.

Mike

OP
Tallica

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok so now i might be changing my mind. If I root, custom rom and overclock disabling ota updates, then i decide to unroot and return to stock after the official 2.1 has been sent out will my phone automatically find and install the offical update?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do not know if your phone will automatically search for and install but my sense is that you can tap menu, settings, tap about phone, tap system updates. Again, I'm not positive.

Mike