1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Hello Fellow Droid Users

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by AndyDroid280, Dec 21, 2012.

1. AndyDroid280

AndyDroid280 New Member

Hey, my name is Andy, obviously and I'm thrilled to see what this forum has to offer. I'm currently a member of The Galaxy Tab Forum and own the original but fully updated GT7 SCH1800 w/GB 2.3.5 and the forum taught me so much about my device and I'm hoping this forum does the same. Someone gave me this unactivated w/o a battery M. Droid 2 A955 w/slider keyboard cuz they had no idea what can be done with a lil work and a lil knowledge. Well $6 later I had a battery, a bypassed activation screen and a fully functional Droid 2. I have trouble deciding which keyboard to use the slider or the on-screen one cuz they both work great and coming from a Tab user that's used to using large buttons. The main thing I want to gain is the power of screenshooting. I have an awesome homepage setup with alot of symbolism behind it and would love to show it off. It seems like just buying an app might be the best way. IDK once I do some reading I may find another way. Either way I joined cuz I wanna know all the tricks and secrets of the DROID2. Maybe even make a friend along the way. But even know I have an outdated device w/2.2 FroYo it still has me impressed this thing moves quick and my daughter loves it, she calls it her lil tablet. Well I'm glad to be here and look forward to awesome threading. Once again, Hello to Everyone.
  2. cobravnm13

cobravnm13 Well-Known Member

If you want a screen shot app, look for Screenshotit or screenshot in the Google Play Store/Market. And the Droid 2 has been updated to Gingerbread so if you want to update to that, you have that option.
  3. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome! Head over to the D2 section and you'll learn alot about your phone there.
  4. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Hi Andy! Welcom to the forums! :)
  5. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to the forum Andy!
  6. Enchaoz

Enchaoz New Member

Hye, i just registered here. This is my first time signing up for a forum service. Hopefully we get to discuss and share information for good. Cherios!
  7. AndyDroid280

AndyDroid280 New Member

Warm welcome, got the problem solved check out my new thread I posted this morning by rooting my phone with the Z4Root App it works nice for Droid2. Thank you for the suggestions but check out my thread it's nice and safe and best of all FREE with no adds.
  8. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to the forums! :)
  9. AndyDroid280

AndyDroid280 New Member

I got somethin alot better kickin but thanx for the advice input is always a good thing if I ask for advice Im glad when ppl give it to me Thank You.
  10. AndyDroid280

AndyDroid280 New Member

RE: Hye, i just registered here. This is my first time signing up for a forum service. Hopefully we get to discuss and share information for good. Cherios!

Hey thanx for the welcome and Id love to trade info, if ya want you can check my thread I wrote this morning and see if it's of any use use to you its about rooting the Droid2. But either way good literature.
  11. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome Andy!! Happy to hear you got it working and thank you for sharing with us!!
  12. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome aboard!!
  13. AndyDroid280

AndyDroid280 New Member

Thanx for the welcome man I'm working on the Clockwork Mod Recovery Mode I jus bought the bootstrap for it could use some good advice on my adventures and ya seem like a smart fella is it cool if I ask for your advice or your knowledge if I need it?
  14. SFGate

SFGate New Member

Welcome to the site. DancingNexus