Hello everyone - just got my s4 last week

bigalo210

Reaction score
I am a devout Droid user and have never made the "Apple" jump. I have never had a Samsung phone before - let alone a device like this. I have a few minor glitches/questions:

Sometimes after ending a call I notice the World Clock is on my screen requesting to add a country's time zone to the phone. Why is this popping up? I assume my screen locks when I hold the phone to my ear during a call...

My hand gesture icon is inconsistently displayed and working...

Is there a "night time" feature that silences the audible tones/vibration of notification alerts - but still leaves the phone ringer on?

I am using SwiftKey for spellcheck-reasons alone. Is there another app or feature I should know of? Is there a way to tap "space" twice to input a period?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am a devout Droid user and have never made the "Apple" jump. I have never had a Samsung phone before - let alone a device like this. I have a few minor glitches/questions:

Sometimes after ending a call I notice the World Clock is on my screen requesting to add a country's time zone to the phone. Why is this popping up? I assume my screen locks when I hold the phone to my ear during a call...

My hand gesture icon is inconsistently displayed and working...

Is there a "night time" feature that silences the audible tones/vibration of notification alerts - but still leaves the phone ringer on?

I am using SwiftKey for spellcheck-reasons alone. Is there another app or feature I should know of? Is there a way to tap "space" twice to input a period?

Welcome to the forum. We're glad you joined us.

As for the world Clock are you using the standard clock widget? Personally indent use widgets, but you can access the add country feature when you drop down the notification bar and press/tap the time in the upper right corner. Please note that if you press the home button while in a call the proximity sensor is deactivated.

As for hand gestures in have them deactivated. Maybe someone else can offer some insight.

There is no nighttime feature but an app called "Tasker" can be downloaded from the play store. You can use Tasker to setup silenced times like night time but if a call come through it will ring.

SwiftKey is my favorite keyboard app. I've been using it for over 2 years. There is a feature in the SwiftKey settings to enable "double tap space for period". Go to SwiftKey, Advanced, then check the box next to, Quick "." *
4apugynu.jpg

Beamed From the white sun in the S4 Galaxy.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Congrats on the S4 and welcome to the forum!

Looks like QS has ya headed in the right direction :)...good luck!

NOVICE

Reaction score
I think the S4 is a great device but it's about time that Samsung added the S pen to its flagship phone.