Hello Everyone and Thanks for this wonderful site!

rmadison76

Reaction score
I have the Droid X2 and a friend of mine suggested I check out this site to change features I wished my phone had without having to download applications from Google Play Store n order to get them, And having to use ad supported software from there cause it drives me nuts when it installs icons and other software.

I did check out the site to see if it was what i was looking for and if it was worth signing up for and thank you to everyone and all for making it so informative and great place to add and change features within my phone.
Thanks Again, Rob :biggrin: :hail:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the droid forums Rob. We try to be helpful and informative :) glad you decided to join up..

I have an x2 that still sees action from time to time... glad you like yours :thumbup:

OP
rmadison76

rmadison76

Reaction score
please delete this cause i forgot the word "Site" in thread Subject line. TY in advance.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'll just fix it for ya :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Done, and your good to go :)

OP
rmadison76

rmadison76

Reaction score
Awesome TY but i did post the thread 2 times like a tard once after fixing it thought maybe i could click back and just fix it and not show up 2 times but it did lol.
Sorry for not replying sooner site asked me to complete survey so i was taking it.
Also if i have any questions after searching for forums and not being able to find any since you have more experience than i do at this roms, rooting, and well just anything other than google play store i am an idiot at when i heard and saw the things i could do at this site. whats the best way of asking a question just on each individual thread or could i just pm someone and hope like heck to get a response. lol

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If there's something you want to know, first search for a thread on it... if you don't find one, then make a thread. There's an entire section for the x2... make your thread there and someone will pop over and help you out. :) with pm's... its hit or miss.. you might ask someone who doesn't necessarily know... by posting in the open forum, we can all see it and help..

You don't have to worry about people flaming or saying snide remarks here... we're all here to help, we're all here to learn :) I was total newb just 7 months ago :)

OP
rmadison76

rmadison76

Reaction score
Well Thank You very MUCH I am looking for the Droid x2 place now and will be looking for what I am wanting to do. and I will just be sure to create a new thread or ask my questions within the current thread(s) I am in. And thanks again for your help. I am just the lucky one that gets to learn about all of this so I can do the same to my friends phones cause they are lazy. LOL Thanks so much.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Not a problem.. :) lots to learn here.. I learn every day.. and that's saying a lot :D lol

OP
rmadison76

rmadison76

Reaction score
Okay I am stupid how do I tell if I have a Droid X2 second generation? And is rooting the same thing as jail breaking like I did with my iPod ? I hate to bother you but you have the Droid X2. And did you ever get free tethering and does installing roms change the appearance and functionality of the OS or is that the GB, Honeycomb or ICS OS that does that? Which I was wondering if ICS is available and will work for the Droid X2 and if not what is best to use besides what I have or is that it? I have GB 2.3.5 and Honeycomb is 3.x.x and ICS is 4.x.x I just found out. So was curious as to what you have or had cause i figured your a god at this and know what your doing.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

I think if you have an X2, that is the second version of the Droid X...Rooting is similiar to jailbreaking but there are different processes for each device, you will want to make sure that you have the root method for the X2.

You might check out the app FoxFi for wireless tethering and ROMs will change the appearance some but the OS of the device will also do that - when you jump from Gingerbread to ICS, there is a huge difference. I am not sure if the X line will receive ICS officially ( I am thinking not, but I am sure there are several ROMs available that do that )...

Good luck!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! Looks like you have some great info to get you started, so I'll just say hello :)