Hello "Droid" World....

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by itladyee, Mar 14, 2010.

1. itladyee

itladyee New Member

My name is Charissa and I am addicted to technology, especially smart phones...<ok, now that I've gotten that out of the way>

I love this stuff... I am moving to droid coming from an Iphone & a blackberry, hoping to bury them both and have only 1 device. Any other historical device I have probably had or is still in my possession.

I was able to jail break my iphone which made a near perfect device but something happened to it and I had to get a replacement which has a newer OS and I was unable to jailbreak (without a lot of heartache).

So customization is my name and having a phone do exactly what you want it to do is my game...the Droid is so close....

Here are my challenges so far (since Friday).

Can't search email...ok - I can live with this... hoping that an update is just around the corner...

But here's the deal breaker.... I've had 2 phone calls on the droid and have hung up on the first caller once and hung up and conference called the second caller 4/2 (respectively) times! What's up with that?

Call quality is good but apparently the screen is still "live" and I am pushing buttons with my face and making things happen that shouldn't during a phone call.

For me..the good news.. I don't make a lot of phone calls - I deal more with email and sms....but for the rare times when a phone call is necessary, I need it to work.

After 2 full days of playing, these are my issues.....
  2. HermitObserver

HermitObserver New Member

Your phone's sensor isn't working properly, then. Consider getting a replacement. Alternatively, you could hit the lock button to manually turn the screen off and on.The other solution is to download an app called "Screebl." I believe Screeble can make it sleep during calls by reading the accelerometer. I'm not 100% positive, though. :welcome: to the forums :)
  3. Corinacakes

Corinacakes DF Super Moderator Theme Developer

:welcome: to the forum itlady:D
  4. itladyee

itladyee New Member

Thanks for the Welcome! I tried the lock button during the call but apparently I "move" a lot while talking as I still manage to unlock it and "face dial".

I will search for Screenbl and hope that solves the problem.

Not sure if I can 100% commit to a bluetooth device.

I sure hope I can find a solution!