Hello Droid, I'm still here......

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
I apologize for the drama in my last thread but I was letting my emotions get the best of me:icon_eek:

So, I've decided to stick around for a while longer:eek:

No thanks to Verizons customer service though:(

The Droid is simply an awesome phone is what it boils down to. I took back my second phone and am on to my third unit. I figured since I still have two weeks for my initial 30 days grace period and I am already responsible for the entire monthly bill I might as well at least hang on to it for two more weeks.

And, in my Emo'ness I wasn't remembering how awesome the navigation is (this is one of the main reasons I went with the Droid). Used it the other day after I took a wrong turn and got side tracked, put me right back on the freeway in a minute:)

Concerning the VZ customer service: I went in and told them I need a replacement battery because the one I have dies before the end of the day, after a full overnight charge. The lady walks "in the back" and comes back, hands me my phone, "there you go". I turn it on and the battery is at 40%, exactly where it was when I gave it to her. I let it pass, as I thought maybe it didn't come fully charged from the box. Well, the battery dies in another couple of hours and I have the same experience after another charge. I took everything back to Costco (best customer service ever) and got a whole new setup.

SO, onto my new phone and battery. No more loose keyboard and I'm at 70% battery after being unplugged for over 11 hours now, same usage and apps running. That's more like it!!

Oh, and this forum is just so awesome:icon_ banana:

p.s. If anyone has an extra Googlee voice invite I could use it..:)

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember your other thread and glad to see you decided to give it one more chance. And, it sounds like you might have your issue resolved now. Congratulations and welcome back.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I apologize for the drama in my last thread but I was letting my emotions get the best of me:icon_eek:

So, I've decided to stick around for a while longer:eek:

No thanks to Verizons customer service though:(

The Droid is simply an awesome phone is what it boils down to. I took back my second phone and am on to my third unit. I figured since I still have two weeks for my initial 30 days grace period and I am already responsible for the entire monthly bill I might as well at least hang on to it for two more weeks.

And, in my Emo'ness I wasn't remembering how awesome the navigation is (this is one of the main reasons I went with the Droid). Used it the other day after I took a wrong turn and got side tracked, put me right back on the freeway in a minute:)

Concerning the VZ customer service: I went in and told them I need a replacement battery because the one I have dies before the end of the day, after a full overnight charge. The lady walks "in the back" and comes back, hands me my phone, "there you go". I turn it on and the battery is at 40%, exactly where it was when I gave it to her. I let it pass, as I thought maybe it didn't come fully charged from the box. Well, the battery dies in another couple of hours and I have the same experience after another charge. I took everything back to Costco (best customer service ever) and got a whole new setup.

SO, onto my new phone and battery. No more loose keyboard and I'm at 70% battery after being unplugged for over 11 hours now, same usage and apps running. That's more like it!!

Oh, and this forum is just so awesome:icon_ banana:

p.s. If anyone has an extra Googlee voice invite I could use it..:)

Chiefkeiff on a forum titled "anybody else taking their droid back" made a great point once you sift through all the emotions (just go to the last 2 pgs) If you are not 100% satisfied with the droid just take it back and wait until the spring so you can see all the choices of android phones that will be on the verizon network. Its a smart idea, despite what anyone says, and if you still decide to go droid you wont feel like the grass is greener on the other side. Just a thought.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome back. Sounds like you're happy now. I think you made the right decision.;)

Last edited:

shademar

Reaction score
Glad to hear things are working out better! :D

(And man, do I hear you on the navigation. The fact that Google Nav does public transit too made my unexpectedly stranded day a whole lot easier yesterday.)

iPirate

Reaction score
Good to hear it sounds like a hardware problem and nothing you did!

:)

Hypnotic

Reaction score
Glad you thought this way. Sorta getting tired of logging onto facebook going to droid fanpage and seeing people say their returning it cause of issues like "It's hard to hang up".

thelion

Reaction score
It took me four (that is right - FOUR) Droids to be even a bit satisfied that it would work as it should (not randomly freezing, shutting off, bad reception, and so on). Now, it works as advertised (most of the time) and I am content. Oh but there was a time I was ready to toss it (and VZW) down a drain.