Hello Android!

quitob1

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm a new member who's considering upgrading from my Treo 755p to the HTC EVO, or the iPhone 4.

I need to make sure my new phone maintains all functionalities I've currently got on the 755p using:
- Chatteremail
- Splashshopper
- Datebk6

My device history:
Sharp Zaurus > Palm IIIxe > Treo 600 > Treo 700 > Treo 755p > ??

I'm looking forward to learning about the Android offerings to help make my decision and will be combing this forum in the upcoming weeks.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Chatteremail is a POP client if I remember correctly that supports push, so yes Android does that well.

Splashshopper not the same app but MANY similar apps

Datebk6 no need for an app. Google Calendar and the Calendar widget.

OP
Q

quitob1

Reaction score
Chatteremail is a POP client if I remember correctly that supports push, so yes Android does that well.

Splashshopper not the same app but MANY similar apps

Datebk6 no need for an app. Google Calendar and the Calendar widget.

Thanks for the tips and hopefully those apps meet my needs. Specifically this is what I'm hoping to be able to continue doing:

Chatteremail also supports IMAP idle and works with gmail. I specifically love that I can color code my email according to destination folder (bank alerts, work email, home email, etc) and then show them all in the combined view color coded but threaded chronologically by day and time. I also can set schedules to automatically turn off work email at 7pm-7am and on weekends. Pushing a single button cycles a list of my work emails, then my home emails, or all in the combined view.

Datebk6 allows me to color code different calendars (work, personal, weekend trips, family/friends, bills due, etc) and set schedules to hide/show those to calendars on certain days and times. Event entry in datebk6 is quick and fast with shortcuts. (Shortcuts are preprogrammed phrases like "dinner with____", "samantha & harold", or "chandler and joelle") retrieved by typing option s-lettercombo.) I can create to-dos or events pretty quickly with just a few keystrokes - sometimes without even looking! :)

Splashshopper is my list maker for wish-list items, travel packing lists, video rental lists, and of course groceries all synced to my Mac Splashshopper Desktop database. I heard they're making an Android version, but it's still to be seen. Some say Grocery King is good.

Thanks for your input and I hope to get the EVO soon...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! My staff and I had lots of experience supporting the Treo. I can say, without hesitation, the Android OS is superior!

The email and calendar apps will meet/or exceed Chattermail, Splashopper, and Datebk6.
Mike

OP
Q

quitob1

Reaction score
Glad to hear that. After I've officially purchased the Evo, I'm sure I'll be here to learn more about it's capabilities. Thank you!