Hello and thanks in advance!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Cleveland, May 2, 2012.

1. Cleveland

Cleveland New Member

i am 99% sure I discovered that my wife installed a spyware onto my cell phone, so can someone help me remove it? I saw her on a website called Stealth Genie on her phone last night, so i went to that website, didnt find uninstall instructions, but when i looked thru the install instructions, hen checked to see if that was on my phone, it certainly appears it is.....i try to uninstall that app but it says "uninstall not successful" so not sure why it wont let me....i gotta think someone has posted about this on here at some point, so hoping you guys can help
  2. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to Droid Forums. Sorry about your situation but in looking for how to remove spyware (have no experience with doing this personally) the only thing I have come across is doing a factory reset. That wipes your phone completely and according to what I read will remove the spyware as well. But I am not certain honestly.

If you can maybe wait it out and someone else will come along with a more definitive answer.
  3. Cleveland

Cleveland New Member

Thanks, and I can certainly wait.....if I do a factory reset, does it delete EVERYTHING off my phone? Its a work issued phone so all of my contacts, calendars, accounts, etc is on my phone and if i lost all that stuff i would be in some serious trouble by my employer, so I am hoping there is something I can do to remove it without deleting my work stuff.....
  4. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 DF Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome!

Good luck with your issue and I hope you find a solution...I do not have one for ya to try othen than what jsm suggested and I understand that that should be the last resort.
  5. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 DF Administrator Staff Member

You could possibly try like AVG virus software or something similiar to see if it picks anything up (and it may not) but that could be an option...
  6. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

:welcome: to the forum.

A factory reset won't delete your contacts if you have them synced with Google. You can check by going to Settings/Accounts, select your account. It will tell you when everything was last synced & you'll have the option to do so if it isn't. You will loose texts though. But there are backup apps in the Play Store.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS
  7. SFGate

SFGate New Member

Welcome to the site. Hope you got this resolved. DancingNexus
Search tags for this page
does factory reset remove spyware
does factory reset remove stealth genie

how to detect stealthgenie

how to remove stealthgenie

how to uninstall stealthgenie

how would you check if your phone has stealthgenie installed on it

stealthgenie