Hello and Please Assist

bendeja

Reaction score
Hello everyone. New to my Droid X, leaving my Blackberry behind, which allowed me to leave my Palm Treo behind.

I think I have gone crazy adding applications. (1) How can I tell how much memory is left on my Droid X? and (2) What is the best way to eliminate the applications (particularly those that take up most of the memory?

Thanks for the consideration.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Go to settings and then SD card and phone storage to see what kind of memory you have left. Then to remove apps you can go to settings then applications then manage applications. From there hit the menu button and then sort by size. There you can see which apps are the biggest memory hogs and choose to remove them by pressing on them and choosing uninstall.

tappin and a talkin

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. New to my Droid X, leaving my Blackberry behind, which allowed me to leave my Palm Treo behind.

I think I have gone crazy adding applications. (1) How can I tell how much memory is left on my Droid X? and (2) What is the best way to eliminate the applications (particularly those that take up most of the memory?

Thanks for the consideration.

While you are in settings/applications see what apps you can move to the SD card. Do not move any widgets to the SD card, they don't work well from there. There is also an app called apps2sd that you can use to move some apps to the SD card. Rooting is probably the best way to move apps from phone to SD card.

OP
B

bendeja

Reaction score
Thank you.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
B

bendeja

Reaction score
Thank you.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App