1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Hello and new droid user question

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Greesy, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Greesy

Greesy New Member

I just bought a droid x. System version 2.3.340 verizon. Android version 2.2.1.
    Question is: Should I hook into my home wireless router to browse on my phone while at home or just use the phone browser?
    I thought I was told when I bought the phone , that my home wireless would be better????
    Maybe I'm wrong here. Could someone set me straight?
    Cool phone.
  2. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

welcome to the forum. well when im at home I switch from 3G to WiFi basically cause its a little faster. but why not use it while ur at home? try it out and see the diff.

Aloha from Hawaii...
  3. jwalz

jwalz New Member

Well wuts ur speed at ur home internet. It mite not even make that much of a difference and it will use ur battery up faster.

THE X
  4. 13th angel

13th angel Developer Developer

Welcome to the forums!

I use wifi whenever i can. It generally is faster than the crappy speeds we get out of 3g.
  5. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

hmm never checked so I may have to later. but I have 3 laptops, a desktop and a Xoom and while at home I use wifi for all with bluetooth to transfer files. Like 13th Angel said much faster than 3G

Aloha from Hawaii...