Hello all

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by texstar420, Jul 1, 2010.

1. texstar420

texstar420 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Everyone,

I am a tech guy. That is the best way for me to describe it. Now we have this phone craze going on strong and I am very much into it. I sought to root my phone as soon as I got it. I did root it and got discouraged because I root the phone and the rom I had ran really slow. It was the 2.1 rom. I didn't know why it was running slow so I quickly went back to stock and waited for the OTA update. After I got the 2.1 update I saw that not much was improved.

What made me want to root my phone and dive again into the droid modding was the fact that my phone seemed to be slowing down. So I really just wanted to increase the speed of the phone by overclocking.
    I can't believe that you can run stable at 1ghz and even higher.

Well the verdict is that my droid is rooted now and I have found that the bugless beeast rom is one of the better ones to use with chevyNo1 kernel for 1ghz overclock. But I am a little overwhelmed and don't know where to go from there.

My question to you master droid modders is what is a good safe, stable, and appealing rom, kernel, and theme to use. So far I have tried:
    Ultimate droid w/chevyNo1 kernel for 1ghz ovclk - didn't like it because I couldn't get it to look like it does on the youtube videos I guess I need v8 and I was installing 9.8 and v10.
    Bugless Beast V0.4 @ 800mhz- This is what I am currently running but I want to try a different theme and a 1ghz kernel.
    Forgive me for not posting this in the right area but you help is appreciated. If you can direct me to a place on the forum to get this info that would be fine too.

Thanks and I am happy to be here.dancedroid

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    :welcome: to the Droid Forums. I moved your opening post here because of your interest in ROM's. I believe you will get a better answer here.

Just an FYI, if you don't know this certain apps, such as task killers and virus protection can slow your Droid down. Usually if mine slows up I do a simple reset. That's seems to clear everything up. Usually do it every couple of days or so.

3. texstar420

texstar420 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for your help hookbill!
    I realized that these items slow my droid down and I did do a reset but running overclocked will help a bit with just simple navigating. I have noticed a big difference just running at 800Mhz. But thanks for the advice.:)

4. cms5423

cms5423 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    start [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki]
    Definitely try out Sapphire. v0.7.0 should be released soon, and when it does, this should be your choice :)

5. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +34
    :welcome: [​IMG]

6. xxlostsurferx16

Ratings:
    +0
    +1. I agree definately give Sapphire a shot I havent had any problems yet

7. texstar420

texstar420 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Jim#777 I love the gxs-r icons. I just got my motocycle license and I have had my eye on a gsx-r 750 for a while. I am guessing you are into bikes too!:rockon:

So what is the proper way to get your theme working.
    It was recommended that I back up and then wipe data and cache before I install a rom or a theme. Is this true? Is this best practice?

8. texstar420

texstar420 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can anybody else give me some suggestions of roms and themes to try. I would like to try and see a few before I make a choice. Thanks for all of your help this is a great forum.

9. xxlostsurferx16

Ratings:
    +0
    When switching from ROM to ROM, you usually should wipe data/cache (sometimes it says you don't need to, but I recommend doing it anyway). When applying a theme over a ROM, you do not need to wipe.

Now, if you get bored of that theme, but want to keep the same ROM, reinstall the stock ROM, and then put the new theme over that.

Also, to answer your other question. bugless runs smooth and usually prety good as well as succulent desire by woodyman.