Hello All

mgatov

Reaction score
I'm Michael, and I was an iPhone user for 3 years. I finally had it up to my eyeballs with AT&T. I switched to the Droid X and couldn't be happier. I kept waiting for the iPhone to come to Verizon, but I finally couldn't hold out any longer. Now, I enjoy the Droid so much that I couldn't care less if the iPhone comes or not.

My main reason for changing was call quality and reliability. I can very honestly say that I had more dropped phone calls with AT&T in one day than I did during the two years I was previously with Verizon.

I think my favorite feature on the droid is how well the voice commands work. The maps and google navigation also will save me the bother of getting a nav system whenever I get a new car.

There are a couple of things I still prefer from the iPhone. Skype could make calls on WiFi without using airtime minutes. The sync to iTunes was wonderful.

But ultimately it comes down to the quality of the phone calls. Verizon wins. I still may need a few years of therapy to get AT&T out of my memory.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the beginning of a 12 step recovery program! "Hi, I'm Sherri, and I'm a former iPhone user"...lol!

(Not me...wont buy Apple products...but opening of this post made me laugh!)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Canadroid

Reaction score
My main reason for changing was call quality and reliability. I can very honestly say that I had more dropped phone calls with AT&T in one day than I did during the two years I was previously with Verizon.

Me too bud, I know exactly what you mean on AT&T. I got tired of nerd raging on my carrier and dumped em.

Difference in call quality for my area is really unbelievable, wish I would have hopped sooner. So much needless rage.

The preloaded nav system is indeed very nice. If you are into cars check out the app Torque and a cheap wireless OBDII module off of ebay. :rockon:

Enjoy your stay on DF!!!

OP
M

mgatov

Reaction score
Sounds like the beginning of a 12 step recovery program! "Hi, I'm Sherri, and I'm a former iPhone user"...lol!

Yes... I feel so ashamed, but maybe now I can look at myself in the mirror without wincing.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the DF. I've always been with Verizon and would never switch...have fun

Aloha from Hawaii ... Droid 2 Global