Hello all, This is my introduction lol.

TG3NOC1D3

Reaction score
Well hello all yea techie's and mobile enthusiasts. My name is Tyler and i currently have a Samsung Galaxy S 4G and i have not looked back since! It's the T959V if that matters lol. Anyways, i found this website through my brother because i have interest in rooting my phone and having a place to call home when i get nerdy. I am currently enlisted in the U.S. Army and am scheduled to depart for Basic Combat Training and AIT on august 25th, 2012. Uhh that about wraps it up for me, anyone who knows where i can start looking to learn how to root my galaxy s 4g please let me know, i'd greatly appreciate it!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to DF - glad to have you with us :)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Welcome to the board! You'll find plenty of help for rooting here.

Thanks for serving our country. I got a friend who just left for Navy last week. Appreciate everything you sacrifice for us:hail:

OP
T

TG3NOC1D3

Reaction score
I'm just trying to do my part. As the saying goes, it's not what your country can do for you, it's what can you do for your country. Thank you though, it means alot to hear people still supporting what us future soldiers and current soldiers are doing for the USA. So anyone have any links or info as to where i can begin looking on how to root my phone? I'm beyond excited and motivated to learn and move forward! :happy2:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
First I recommend you check out the link in my signature. It'll get you familiar with the lingo and Android in general. (I've read it a ton of times myself)

As for rooting your phone, I'm assuming you're on T-Mobile so: How To Root T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 4G With SuperOneClick
I
'm not 100% sure, but your phone should be on 2.3.x. You can look that up by going to Settings --> about phone

OP
T

TG3NOC1D3

Reaction score
I am on t-mobile lol. How you knew that amazes me, we could use a telepath/mindreader in the army haha. I super appreciate the linkage and info. Gonna start educating before i jump into rooting. ----> Can't sale a product if you don't know the details of it amiright? <-- :r_c:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!!

As Dezy says, thank you for the service to our Country, it is greatly appreciated!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I am on t-mobile lol. How you knew that amazes me, we could use a telepath/mindreader in the army haha. I super appreciate the linkage and info. Gonna start educating before i jump into rooting. ----> Can't sale a product if you don't know the details of it amiright? <-- :r_c:
Believe I am no psychic, maybe a bit of a Mentalist though:D

Really though, your phone model is only available on T-Mobile to my knowledge. So I just looked up how to root your model and there ya go. That's the simplest method I found though there are others and more updated. Just make sure when you root, that your method is compatible with your version of Android. Make sure you read this as well: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/632-what-root-means-stop-asking.html

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! And thank you for your service :biggrin:

OP
T

TG3NOC1D3

Reaction score
Quick question, i recently used samsung kies mini to update to gingerbread on my galaxy s 4G but i heard honeycomb is the newest OS besides ICS, is honeycomb better/faster than the gingerbreadman i updated to? If so where could i find the Honeycomb OS file? Thanks in advance :)

*EDIT* I didn't want to double post, so i figured i would edit my original lol. Anywho, i am reading alot of comments about the Super one click to root samsung phones not working and or crashing phones..... i'm a little hesitant to root now due to this. I really want to due to the fact that i want total control over my phone but i'm scared due to the comments i'm reading! Any advice? Also, what is this about using busybox? I'm so lost :/

OP
T

TG3NOC1D3

Reaction score
Gotcha. Now does anyone know if the superoneclick 2.3.5 with zergrush and su exploits 3.0 will root my samsung galaxy s 4g with gingerbread? it's a t959v model.

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Will leave the rooting advice to others. DancingNexus