Hello all new x user

jack frost

Reaction score
Hello,

I am getting my droid x tuesday. I jumped on the net right away and started finding out what I could do with this phone and I ended up here about 4 hours ago.

From reading and knowing what I want this phone for it looks like I want to root, over clock and possibly look into extending battery life.

My next question is I live in south central pa on the md line. Is there any place you can take a phone and have this done or is there anyone who does it for a fee?

I am moderate with computers and would prefer to let someone with experince help me with this. Also any other suggested are welcomed. I plan on using the phone lightly for the following:

checking email
navigation
interent when out and about in places im not familure with
facebook
taking pictures
I wouldn't mind having the ability to connect this to my computer when i dont have internet at home
using some of the apps in the apps store

BodyBagz

Reaction score
1) DO NOT pay anyone to root your phone! It is far too simple to do it with either a 1 click method such as z4root, or spend a bit of time reading and do it the manual way.

2) If you arent too comfortable doing this right now...then by all means, dont do it yet! There is no rush,,,and in my opinion, rushing is what causes a lot of people headaches down the road. I owned my DX for about 3 weeks before I rooted, and then 5-6 months before I loaded my first ROM.

3) You are on the best internet forum for leaning how to do the very things you are thinking about doing. There are a plethora of skilled people on Droid Forums who are more than willing to help, and even in extreme cases. will pick up the phone and call you to walk you through the steps.

4) Spend some more time reading some of the "stickied" threads in this forum. Read as much as you can stand to read...it will pay for itself 3 times over.

5) Ask questions when you have them, as the old saying goes, the only dumb question is the one not asked...

shrekfx

Reaction score
I agree with above. Do some more reading. I thought it would be harder to root and was pleasently surprised to find out how easy it was. You can go to a site 4shared to get z4root. Its easy. But don't pay anyone to do it. I had my dx. For a few months before I rooted.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App