1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Hello all. Im wondering

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by MAD450r, Dec 10, 2010.

1. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer Theme Developer

I been using my droid X mostly these days. I been bored so i fired up my droid 1 and right now its got BBv0.5 installed with BlackNBold theme from the bowers plus a few things I edited up to match BNB theme by thebowers.

Heres my question. What rom should I try out now. It must work with BNB theme I cant live without it.
    I see it works on many roms, just not the latest version. That im not too worried about. As long as I can get his themed framework im good the rest im good enough at putting in myself if they dont install properly.

if you do have a rom suggestion that doesn't work with BNB please refer me to a theme that will have black notification bar. I hate when its white. tis the reason I did buy and try out the incredible. I hated senceUI and I found the droidX to be faster and taht was before I could overclock it.

thinking maybe trying UD but going to wait to hear suggestions before I whipe and start clean with my old droid1. sold 2 of them as well but had to keep one just to play with :)
  2. taward09

taward09 New Member

I'm using CM 6.1 right now, and it's verrrrrrry smooth OC'd to 1100. Slayher kernel, btw, and Benny879's Gingerbread theme. I love it. MIUI is also very very good.
  3. MAD450r

thanks for ur sggestion.

I have tried cyanogen. I hated it when it comes to theming. As miui. That ive read has many issues with a few of the apps i use.

As for cyan. Its slower than BBv0.5.

KEEP THE SUGGESTIONS coming please
  4. chilibball

chilibball New Member

How about liquid frozen yogurt

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  5. MAD450r

i'LL GIVE IT A TRY

Was just loading up SS I usually like his work as well just having to manually do the theme conversion for myself or I'll be without my black bar I cant have that :)
  6. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 Super Moderator Premium Member

4.9 is real nice. you should like it.
    I should change the rom on my droid as well. Been on SS since i rooted. Now its a wifi device since i got an X.
  7. buckmarble

buckmarble Developer Theme Developer Developer

I run project elite 3.5 with the nex theme. Has black bar and fancy animations. I think you would like it. Check it out. It has elite options which is comparable to chevy tools. If you go the ss4.9 route, I made a simple black bar mod for it that I can get to you. The only thing I found with ss4.9 is there is a camera issue. Look through the threads and you'll find the replacement camera.apk. the replacement app made the camera function properly, but its laggy and force closes occasionally. I ran ss4.9 for quite a while and found it pretty solid.

8. Cdjones187

Cdjones187 New Member

Try out UD 2.4. Come with black bar and MANY MANY MANY other customizations. Though I should say 2.5 will be out within a few days.
  9. adsfa34

adsfa34 New Member

+1 PE is pretty awesome. Very similar to Liquid Frozen Yogurt. I've been on LFY for a long time now (after switching ROMs waaaay too much) and PE is the only thing that gives it a run for its money. LFY is still my fave tho--

LFY v1.95: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liquid/96658-liquid-frozen-yogurt-v1-95-liquid-smooth-edition-source-rom-faster-then-frozen.html
  10. Stelv

Stelv New Member

PE 3.5 with nextheme!