helllllllllp with wifi

debrad0307

Reaction score
If other devices will connect to your hotspot then it's your laptop not your phone.

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 2

jseah

Reaction score
Here's a thought. How old is the WiFi in your laptop? Does your laptop's WiFi support WPA encryption? If your laptop only supports WEP, then that is your issue. The mobile hotspot in your phone uses WPA encryption.

debrad0307

Reaction score
Here's a thought. How old is the WiFi in your laptop? Does your laptop's WiFi support WPA encryption? If your laptop only supports WEP, then that is your issue. The mobile hotspot in your phone uses WPA encryption.

Usually a laptop has to be pretty old to not support a wpa encryption. Plus, if it was that then he would have been able to enter the password at all. But, I could be wrong. He could disable the PW on his hotspot and try to connect. If the laptop connects, then we know it's not liking the security.

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
R

ron316

Reaction score

Judz

Reaction score
Can't even access wifi

Hi guys, need help here. My SGS4 cannot access wifi.. it cannot even turn-on.. 2 weeks back, i experience the issue of automatic turn-off of wifi when im using it.. then few days later, i was prompt to update the firmware, which i did.. then 2 days after the update, i cannot turn-on my wifi anymore.. i tried doing soft and hard reset but it just wont solve the problem.. im plannin to go to a service center, but before that, im tryin to get some feedbacks here.. Thanks in advance!

GVLBob

Reaction score
Hi guys, need help here. My SGS4 cannot access wifi.. it cannot even turn-on.. 2 weeks back, i experience the issue of automatic turn-off of wifi when im using it.. then few days later, i was prompt to update the firmware, which i did.. then 2 days after the update, i cannot turn-on my wifi anymore.. i tried doing soft and hard reset but it just wont solve the problem.. im plannin to go to a service center, but before that, im tryin to get some feedbacks here.. Thanks in advance!

It appears that you did a FDR after the upgrade, which means that you will have a Wi-Fi toggle in the Status Bar dropdown screen. What happens when you touch that? Or, alternately, what happens when you turn on Wi-Fi via the Settings | Connections?

Judz

Reaction score
It appears that you did a FDR after the upgrade, which means that you will have a Wi-Fi toggle in the Status Bar dropdown screen. What happens when you touch that? Or, alternately, what happens when you turn on Wi-Fi via the Settings | Connections?

Hi sir,

when i touch the wifi button in the drop down sceen, the button will lit up (ON) then just one second it will turn off again.. the same goes inside settings, when i touch the toggle, it will move right side (ON) then just one second, it will move back again (OFF).. i just cant turn it ON anymore.. :(