helllllllllp with wifi

ron316

Reaction score
i need help to set wifi up were do i find network key on gs4 or is there a video on you tube for gs4

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I;m not sure I understand what you are looking for. There is no network key on the S4, the key, (password) is in your router. Go to settings - connections and make certain WiFi is on then tap the left side of the WiFi connection to scan for your router. When you find it tap the connection and enter the key.

debrad0307

Reaction score
Just the the person above me said. The network key is the password (if any) to the wifi network you are trying to connect to. The network is password protected (sometimes with wep or wpa) to prevent unknown users from connecting. If it's your wifi network you can find that info by logging into your router (Web address 192.168.1.1). Hope this helps.

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 2

bbtkd

Reaction score
I;m not sure I understand what you are looking for. There is no network key on the S4, the key, (password) is in your router. Go to settings - connections and make certain WiFi is on then tap the left side of the WiFi connection to scan for your router. When you find it tap the connection and enter the key.

I suspect he wasn't using 'key' to refer to the WPA key/password, he was thinking there was a hard or soft button/key like on other devices that turns on the Wifi. You got him there though.

debrad0307

Reaction score
I suspect he wasn't using 'key' to refer to the WPA key/password, he was thinking there was a hard or soft button/key like on other devices that turns on the Wifi. You got him there though.

Well... If that's the case then to turn the wifi on/off on the S4 you need to go to settings >wifi>on/off. But the OP did state network key. The only network key I'm aware of would be the wifi password.

OP
R

ron316

Reaction score
thanks guys i screwed up i meant when i try to use my phone as a portable hot spot my laptop ask for a network key.even when i use usb connection.were do i find this network that its asking for is there a video for dummies some were

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Never tried using the stock WiFi hotspot app as it would cost me $$$, I use PDANet (one time charge), but in the hotspot app it should have asked for a passphrase or password to set the hotspot up. That's what you would be looking for. Double check the options in the app..

debrad0307

Reaction score
thanks guys i screwed up i meant when i try to use my phone as a portable hot spot my laptop ask for a network key.even when i use usb connection.were do i find this network that its asking for is there a video for dummies some were

Oh! Lol I'm sorry. OK, on the S3 and on the S4 when you turn on the hotspot a notification will appear that says "wifi hotspot connected, tap to configure". Tap on the notification and then tap configure. A Window will pop up where you can change your SSID and password. Once you make the changes hit save. And viola! Done :D

OP
R

ron316

Reaction score
I changed the ssid and password but still cant connect but thanks for the help

OP
R

ron316

Reaction score
it says cant connect to network is there a setting on laptop perhaps

debrad0307

Reaction score
Yeah u was thinking that too. Have you tried to connect any other devices to your hotspot?

ms4teacher

Reaction score
it says cant connect to network is there a setting on laptop perhaps

What app are you using ? If you're paying for the service ,(which I pray you're not, pdanet+ fka foxfi has the same service for a one time fee)-then it should be located in the stock hotspot menu. If you're using pdanet once you launch it everything appears. ssid, password, etc.

OP
R

ron316

Reaction score
I think ill have to factory reset my phone because I can hook up my kids gs3 no prob