HelixLauncher /HelixLauncher 2

solorca

Reaction score
Actually, after reading that post, it specifically says it's a 1.5 issue. I am on a 2.1 rom.

Come on, didn't you read the whole comment thread end to end? ;) It is not specific to any version of Android.

I did read the whole thing and see that people are still having issues, but in my case, I am positive that this launcher is to blame, whether it is a common issue or not.

I have home switcher and can switch back to the standard theme with absolutely no problems. As soon as I switch to this launcher however, the problems begin. I'm wondering if it may have something to do with using 7 screens instead of 5 or 3...but other than the app tray, the big benefit for this was the seven screens.

Hopefully the next update will correct this issue.

LT*

Reaction score
I installed this earlier today, and so far so good. Running quick with no force closes.

subsynth

Reaction score
I love the look of this, especially the app tray at the bottom, but unfortunately I am going to stop using it until the next update. Whenever I attempt to back out of a program or return to my home screen, it will usually end up on a blank screen and lock up for about 10 seconds or more before everything reappears. It's just enough of an annoyance to make me give up on this for a while.

This actually isn't an issue specific to HelixLauncher, but is due to the time it takes to iterate through all the applications on the system after the home application has been stopped due to memory pressure. See Issue 3075 - android - Optimize (zipalign) applications when installing [Home screen is very slow to launch] - Project Hosting on Google Code

On my phone at least, this launcher is the blame. With it, I have the problem constantly. Without it, I've never had the problem.

I also have this issue, although it's only some of the time.

I'm curious if it has to do with widgets? Because before I installed the weather widget or beautiful home widget it didn't happen at all. I have tried both.

swallman

Reaction score
Some help the app is, it says ver 9 ...

Someone check for me, because I dont remember in this or launcher2, but when rotating this helix to landscape, my backround image rotates, but it seems I get the upper half so to speak, like it isn't centered vertically.

Can anyone else compare notes on this?

not a big thin overall, but perhaps a bug that can be submitted.

I love the thing overall, went down to 5 screens from 7, as I hadn't even filled up 3 yet ... Nice that it is customizable like that.

I'm seeing the same problem with the image. Running Helix launcher on 2.0.1

jasonb

Reaction score
i want workspace looping!!!!!!!!!!!

if the dev is reading this, make it an option. i really liked this feature in Home++ and i miss it.

Reaction score
Just put on Helix Launcher 1 and redid all my homescreens from the older SholesMod build I'm running. Had one or two minor force closes while I was getting things to where they should be, but running smoothly (and FAST) for the hour or so since.

Looks good!

thechom80

Reaction score
I installed a few days ago just to play around with it and loved it. I went through and cleaned out some of my apps and took this one off. Before I uninstalled I noticed the option to go directly from one screen to another at the bottom. Re-installed it a few minutes ago, switched to 7 screens again, but can't find that option to jump from one screen to another. Am I explaining this clearly? lol

If you know what I'm referring to, please help.

Nukewire

Reaction score
I cannot find HL2 on the market... I searched for "helix" and only came up with HL1... What am I doing wrong?:blink:

Mercutio

Reaction score
HL2 is still there. It's for 2.1 users only. Has anyone used both?

HL2 should work with BB0.9.

stdesign

Reaction score
Just installed HelixLauncher. It's a keeper :) . Possibly 2.1 will make it unnecessary, but this is nice for now on my stock Droid.