HelixLauncher /HelixLauncher 2

RoNYC

Reaction score
I also have been using helix1 since I got my droid. Could not think of using my phone with out it. I recently dl helix 2 and uninstall 1, it was running beautifully for a week, then the droid started slowing down. Fc all day long and the names of the apps in the drawer were not lining up. Helix2 hates live wall papers, especially the nexus mod from the market. I uninstalled and gone back to helix1. Missed the 3d app drawer though.

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
Yeah I may have to 86 Helix 2 as well. It is carzy laggy/buggy. I'l give it a couple of days more but I may go back to 1

REMilk

Reaction score
Removed Helix2

I install Helix2 on my Droid about an hour ago. Seems to be much slower that Helix when loading up the screens with widgets and apps.

I will use it for a few days to see if it is slow to use; if so, i will go back to Helix.

I like the 3-D app drawer.

Bob

Last night I went back to Helix, as much as I liked the 3-D App Drawer, overall I, personally felt Helix2 was too slow for me. I will say, that the HELIX Launcher 2 page on the App market does contain the following warning "IF YOU WANT SPEED, SEARCH for Helixlauncher INSTEAD" (the use of caps mirrors this message is presented in the app market).

Helix2 has potential!

Combining Helix with FolderOrganizer or App Organizer gives me plenty of options for how I want to organize apps, etc., on my Droid.

This is based on my experience, your most likely will differ.

Bob

ZBoater

Reaction score
Another vote for Helix2. I'm running it on the latest Ultimate Droid v10 ROM update (released yesterday) with Nextheme and Bekit low voltage OC kernel @ 800MHz. Everything is smooth, even with Live Wallpaper (using Water). The first time I went landscape it FC on me, but it has worked fine ever since. Scrolling through the seven screens is pretty smooth, and the 3d app drawer is sweet.

:icon_ banana:

MK17

Reaction score
Just switched to Helix. I was unaware that it was available unrooted. So much better than any of the home replacement apps I've looked for, and exactly what I've been looking for since owning this phone from day one. I haven't had any force closes, the app drawer opens up quickly every time. Just great all the way around.

86mcss

Reaction score
I just switched back to H1...H2 became to laggy for me after a couple of weeks.

Stock droid running 2.1

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I just switched back to H1...H2 became to laggy for me after a couple of weeks.

Stock droid running 2.1

Yeah H1 runs a lot better and faster.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Installed H2 about a week ago... lots of force closes but I like the app...

I'll stick it out for a while hoping for an update that fixes the FCs but may end up going back to H1.

If the FCs were fixed I would donate but I don't think someone should expect donations on an app that is this unstable.

The lagging is not too bad and I can deal with that. Nothing I do needs to be done faster than the response times I am getting.

PhDCow

Reaction score
I've been using it since Friday and I'm pretty happy with 2. If there's a lag problem, I haven't noticed it. But I also don't have many memory hog programs running either. Love the app drawer!

ZBoater

Reaction score
I'm sorry if I missed this earlier, but what is H2 trying to do that is causing so many problems? Aside from the app drawer, what is the benefit of H2 over H1?

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
Helix2 hates live wall papers, especially the nexus mod from the market. I uninstalled and gone back to helix1. Missed the 3d app drawer though.

TRUE. In the midst of a glitch fit, my live wallpaper switched to stock Droid wallpaper. The change was incredible. The lag, and glitches were all but gone.

SO..Now I must decide..

LIVE WALLPAPER vs Helix Launcher 2 haha

ghdesign

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the difference is, but for some reason I have not been having ANY issues with lag or live wallpapers while running HelixLauncher 2 on my moto droid.

???

I have been using the "starfield" live wallpaper for a couple weeks now... love it. Never had issues the way people have noted on here though.

I'm not rooted either... not sure if that makes a difference, but I wonder if it's really the Helix2 app itself or what other apps people are running on the phone. I don't know. I would never want my apps to affect something like the HelixLauncher - THAT would be an issue - but maybe I'm not running any apps that cause it to lag?? :icon_eek:

I run 7 screens of apps and widgets, live wallpapers and it runs smoother and better than Helix1 did. Maybe I'm just lucky? *shrug*

Anyway, still love Helix2 and hopefully they release updates that fix these problems. I'm sure the developers will take note. I just hope I don't have any sudden issues.