HelixLauncher /HelixLauncher 2

Discussion in 'Android News' started by RinTinTigger, Mar 15, 2010.

1. dogwolf

dogwolf New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Helix Launcher for a week now. No going back to the native android launcher.

Lots more functionality, no apparent loss in performance.

Anyone still on the fence? What are you waiting for? Jump into the HL yard.

2. bass_lover1

bass_lover1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm on the fence only because I haven't figured out what to put on the 5 homes screens yet. I'm an organization freak, and it needs to look perfect before I'll use it full time.

3. davidbehrns

davidbehrns Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been using Helix 1 (Non-rooted Moto Droid running OTA 2.1) for about a week now and am VERY happy with it. Aside from my self-caused-problem it has functioned flawlessly. I LOVE the 4 icons at the bottom next to the app tray. Add "Apps Organizer" and put some custom icon'ed shortcuts down there and NOW you are talking. :icon_ banana:

In case any of you cause the same problem I did here is the fix...

There is a warning when shrinking (downsizing the number of screens) to delete ALL you icons and widgets (basically anything on all the screens). TRUST ME DO IT! I thought I'd be clever and go from 7 screens to 5 and just move the icons to the 5 screens in the middle (the ones it would be using after the downsizing anyway). I had an infinite force close loop going on.

The way out of the force close loop B.T.W... During the fraction of a second where the launcher comes up right be fore the force quit (it takes a while to get it right)... Press force quit and the "Search" button as close together as you can and finally the "Search" box will come up.

In between force quits type in" S E T T I N G S " (trust me you will be lucky to get one letter in before the next force quit)

When the "Settings" app is displayed click it... After control passes to the "Settings" app the force quits should stop and you will be able to un-install Helix. After un-install go ahead and re-install (if it hasn't pissed you off enough to never go back) and you are good to go.

The whole "force quit" fix mentioned above (minus the search time on the internet for the fix) was about 5 minutes, so KEEP TRYING it will eventually work.

4. GadgitGurl

GadgitGurl New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I a hoping someone can help me. I downloaded HelixLauncher 1 for my Moto Droid and it was working beautifully up until a couple of days ago. Somehow it just disappeared and I only have the stock home app. I searched for it on my phone and I can't find it. In the market it said that it is installed and gave me the option to uninstall. I uninstalled it and rebooted my Droid then reinstalled Helix, but it still doesn't appear on my phone. Has anone had this issue?

5. mills

mills Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Press the "home" soft key on the bottom of your phone and choose helix launcher.

6. GadgitGurl

GadgitGurl New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Tried it and it doesn't work either:frown:

7. choppy

choppy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome!!

HelixLauncher is AWESOME!!! I love it so much because I was quite disappointed when 2.1 did not add the additional screens for my Droid. I now have 7 screens and organized my apps and widgets. I'm so happy!!!!:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

8. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Download Home Switcher and see if that lets you switch to Helix.

9. bass_lover1

bass_lover1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Settings>Applications>Manage Applications (change filter to All).

Scroll down to Home, tap it, then tap clear defaults.

Hit the home button, and it should ask you which launcher you want to use.

10. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +49
  11. razztaz

razztaz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Helix2

Please help I am in the same loopback. How do I fix?

12. Viktor Vaughn

Viktor Vaughn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is Helix Launcher suppose to have a main screen (on that always comes up when you exit a app or turn the phone on for the first time? Mine mostly goes to the previous screen I was just on. This makes it difficult deciding where the clock, etc should go.

Search tags for this page

helixlauncher2.apk