HelixLauncher-anyone use it?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Sweet Kitten Feet, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Sweet Kitten Feet

Sweet Kitten Feet Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This was recommended to me by a friend. Looks good. 7 home screens, live wall papers, smooth UI. All available for us who are NOT rooted. Just looking for other impressions of it.

2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    I am rooted and I do use it. I like having the four buttons at the bottom of all the screens. I use it with 5 screens and no Live Wallpapers. Good luck.

3. Vindii

Vindii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I used it for about a week. Stopped because it is still pretty buggy. Really like the layout and 7 screens but I don't want to deal with the lag and it closing. Hopefully it gets better soon. I switched back to stock 2.1 home.

4. Sal R.

Sal R. Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Not rooted (not yet, anyway) and I use it. Pretty stable. It hasn't FC'ed on me and I love that it works in landscape mode. Use 7 screens.

5. Telerding

Telerding New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm rooted (DroidMod) and have been using it for perhaps a week. I use live wallpapers and 7 home screens. Works well. Very little lag between screens.

I have had a few force closes, but it comes right back. I like it a lot. Give it a try.

6. pyro6128

pyro6128 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I'm rooted and love it. Very stable, i get no fc's. Just make sure you get the regular helix and not helix 2

7. jcardona1

jcardona1 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +40
    it's a great home replacement. much better than crappy home++ and the others. when i reboot my phone, i'll get a FC as soon as the phone starts up for some reason. but after that, it has never given me any issues

8. dylanthecat

dylanthecat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have used it for about 2 weeks and love it. The 4 constant icons on the bottom are great. No FC at all and no speed issues. I turned off the homescreen rotation as it proved very annoying. Now I know why this was not included in the stock design.

9. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Just another data point: It has never Force Closed on me and it is definitely not laggy on my Droid.

But you will find this kind of stuff with almost any program - they work really well on some Droids and not so well, to really crappy, on other droids. Good luck with yours.

10. justauser

justauser New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Used it briefly

I used it briefly but didn't see a lot of extra value. The 4 buttons at the bottom are nice, but things like preview (double tap) didn't work for me on the droid (not rooted).

11. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

Ratings:
    +49
    I'm not rooted and use the 1.3 Beta version that has some nifty features. Works fine for me.

12. JP 5.56

JP 5.56 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I am not rooted, and I use Helix. I love it. No force closes, very smooth. Currently using 5 screens. Love the double-tab feature. I also like that I can customize the icons on the bottom.

13. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep. I rock it with three screens only though.

[​IMG]

14. Chillson

Chillson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am not rooted either, and have tried Sweeter Home for a bit, but this has been working great for me. Very fluid and quick when switching to another screen on the home page. It is actually one of my favorite applications that I have added to my phone.

15. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There is a huge thread around here regarding HelixLauncher and HelixLauncher2 (only available in the market if you are at 2.1). As for my experience I am at stock 2.0.1 unrooted using HelixLauncher and have had no problems. Love it.