Helix FCing, no backup

Discussion in 'Xeudoxus' started by qoncept, May 14, 2010.

1. qoncept

qoncept Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been running Darkedge for a few days now and hadn't gotten Helix themed because it was running when I used Metamorph to theme the apps. I cleared defaults to make Home my default home, killed the Helix task, applied the theme and rebooted. Like an idiot, I chose Helix as my default home and it immediately started FCing over and over again.

I don't have a recent nandroid backup and I REALLY don't want to recover from an older backup AGAIN, and I'm on the road without adb. What are my options? If I can figure out a way to get in to the market (if I click on the "Report" button, I can then click the search button and get in to a browser) I can uninstall Helix and I should be good to go. So.. is there any way to get in to the market or settings (so I can clear defaults) without going to my homescreen?

2. JCo352

JCo352 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have heard of people hitting the search soft key in between loops, and getting into the settings, or market that way.

3. Koveleski

Koveleski Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    While in recovery, I'd just delete the helix.apk - that way when rebooting, it has to go to default launcher. Not saying that works - but if I was stuck in your position I'd certainly give it a try.

4. qoncept

qoncept Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I used the soft search button and that got me in to a browser, and by downloading a file I can get in to Astro, but I still haven't found a way to get to settings or the market from there.

I don't have adb available right now. Is there a way to do that without? I did try deleting and uninstalling the apk in Astro but, of course, it's read only.

5. qoncept

qoncept Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, can I get someone to upload the apk for any home replacement? That'd do it. Thanks!
    PHP:

6. qoncept

qoncept Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Managed to find one, its working now. Any idea what I did wrong to make helix star fcing?

7. Grey Hawk

Grey Hawk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Boot into safe mood and uninstall Helix.

Hold the power and menu key when booting to enter safe mode. Cheers.

8. inconspicuous bandito

inconspicuous bandito New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's not quite mentioned in the faq from what I can tell but you need Helix 1.4 beta, which is only available if you donate. I only have the one from the market and ran into the same issue.

9. Koveleski

Koveleski Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    When you go to apply the helix theme from within metamorph, it tells you the version is for 1.4b1 as seen in the SS below.

[​IMG]

10. Jrmh

Jrmh New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    having the same problem as you qoncept how excatly did u fix this problem? i'm a noob so please explain..

11. qoncept

qoncept Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The easiest thing you can do:

* After the FC, click on "Report" so you can actually do something
    * Push the Search soft button and search for anything, just to get you in to the browser
    * Find a place to download a home replacement APK. (Try here: ZeamCustom.apk)
    * When it's finished downloading, click Install
    ** You'll have to have alternate application sources enabled to install an APK without using the market. I THINK it should prompt you to do so if you don't already have it enabled. If not, I don't know what you can do.
    * After it's installed, click the Home button. It should ask you which app to use, choose anything but Helix

12. Jrmh

Jrmh New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ididnt realize u were using metamorph, I'm stock and screwed up I tried to go from. 6 windows to 5 and didn't delete my widgets, now I'm stuck in FC whenever I press home... my trying a few things to no avail

13. qoncept

qoncept Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did that once before too, tried to switch from 4 screens to 3. This solution will still work.

14. borgey401

borgey401 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    when will the release helix 1.4 for people who are not donating? i wish i could see what it looks like and if i liked it i would donate just to get it.