1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Helix FCing, no backup

Discussion in 'Xeudoxus' started by qoncept, May 14, 2010.

1. qoncept

qoncept New Member

I've been running Darkedge for a few days now and hadn't gotten Helix themed because it was running when I used Metamorph to theme the apps. I cleared defaults to make Home my default home, killed the Helix task, applied the theme and rebooted. Like an idiot, I chose Helix as my default home and it immediately started FCing over and over again.

I don't have a recent nandroid backup and I REALLY don't want to recover from an older backup AGAIN, and I'm on the road without adb. What are my options? If I can figure out a way to get in to the market (if I click on the "Report" button, I can then click the search button and get in to a browser) I can uninstall Helix and I should be good to go. So.. is there any way to get in to the market or settings (so I can clear defaults) without going to my homescreen?
  2. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

I have heard of people hitting the search soft key in between loops, and getting into the settings, or market that way.
  3. Koveleski

Koveleski Premium Member Premium Member Developer

While in recovery, I'd just delete the helix.apk - that way when rebooting, it has to go to default launcher. Not saying that works - but if I was stuck in your position I'd certainly give it a try.
  4. qoncept

qoncept New Member

I used the soft search button and that got me in to a browser, and by downloading a file I can get in to Astro, but I still haven't found a way to get to settings or the market from there.

I don't have adb available right now. Is there a way to do that without? I did try deleting and uninstalling the apk in Astro but, of course, it's read only.
  5. qoncept

qoncept New Member

Actually, can I get someone to upload the apk for any home replacement? That'd do it. Thanks!
    PHP:
  6. qoncept

qoncept New Member

Managed to find one, its working now. Any idea what I did wrong to make helix star fcing?
  7. Grey Hawk

Grey Hawk New Member

Boot into safe mood and uninstall Helix.

Hold the power and menu key when booting to enter safe mode. Cheers.
  8. inconspicuous bandito

inconspicuous bandito New Member

It's not quite mentioned in the faq from what I can tell but you need Helix 1.4 beta, which is only available if you donate. I only have the one from the market and ran into the same issue.
  9. Koveleski

Koveleski Premium Member Premium Member Developer

When you go to apply the helix theme from within metamorph, it tells you the version is for 1.4b1 as seen in the SS below.

[​IMG]
  10. Jrmh

Jrmh New Member

having the same problem as you qoncept how excatly did u fix this problem? i'm a noob so please explain..
  11. qoncept

qoncept New Member

The easiest thing you can do:

* After the FC, click on "Report" so you can actually do something
    * Push the Search soft button and search for anything, just to get you in to the browser
    * Find a place to download a home replacement APK. (Try here: ZeamCustom.apk)
    * When it's finished downloading, click Install
    ** You'll have to have alternate application sources enabled to install an APK without using the market. I THINK it should prompt you to do so if you don't already have it enabled. If not, I don't know what you can do.
    * After it's installed, click the Home button. It should ask you which app to use, choose anything but Helix
  12. Jrmh

Jrmh New Member

Ididnt realize u were using metamorph, I'm stock and screwed up I tried to go from. 6 windows to 5 and didn't delete my widgets, now I'm stuck in FC whenever I press home... my trying a few things to no avail
  13. qoncept

qoncept New Member

I did that once before too, tried to switch from 4 screens to 3. This solution will still work.
  14. borgey401

borgey401 New Member

when will the release helix 1.4 for people who are not donating? i wish i could see what it looks like and if i liked it i would donate just to get it.