Helix.apk with matching screen preview background

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by billygalbreath, Mar 21, 2010.

1. billygalbreath

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    *** THESE INSTRUCTIONS HAVE BEEN UPDATED SEVERELY!! PLEASE READ THROUGH CHANGES COMPLETELY!! ***

I took the Helix from UD 7.8 and modified the double tap preview icons. I didnt like them being white. stood out too much and just made things feel awkward for me. Now they're dark to match the smoked glass theme a little better, imho.

What is updated in this post? Everything!! The old method I was telling people to install this with had a LOT of issues. This has NONE that I am aware of except for "problem loading widgets" on first run (re-adding the widgets fixes that).

No longer are we installing to the system partition, but rather we are installing directly to the data partition where market items were meant to be. The file you download simply overwrites the existing Helix thats currently there (yes, you will have to have Helix already installed for this download to work). There are so many commands because we have to "prepare" the file on your droid before we move it into place, otherwise your droid will ignore the file and will think Helix is not installed at all. PLEASE FOLLOR THESE DIRECTIONS PERFECTLY! DO NOT TYPO ANYTHING OR IT WILL MESS UP AND YOU WILL HAVE TO START OVER!

Chose Your Poison:

Helix v1 http://billy.pl3x.net/android/com.helixproject.launcher.apk md5: a59c43fd3082decdadbd4936b1d827ff
    Helix v2 http://billy.pl3x.net/android/com.helixproject.launcher2.apk md5: 363bc6658f7b4b31f549a4603ebaca8b

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE INSTALLED HELIX FROM MARKET BEFORE YOU INSTALL MY MODED HELIX!!!

THIS UPDATE WILL MESS UP ANY CURRENTLY APPLIED WIDGETS. JUST RE-ADD THEM TO FIX.

*** If you are using Helix 2 please be sure to use the "com.helixproject.launcher2.apk" filename in the below instructions!! ***

Installation Instructions Using ADB:

1) Download Helix file (com.helixproject.launcher.apk)to your ADB tools directory.
    2) Type these commands (from ADB tools directory)
    Code:
    adb push com.helixproject.launcher.apk /data
    adb shell chmod 644 /data/com.helixproject.launcher.apk
    adb shell chown system.system /data/com.helixproject.launcher.apk
    adb shell mv /data/com.helixproject.launcher.apk /data/app/com.helixproject.launcher.apk

3) Press Home button and chose Helix as your Launcher. If you are not given a choice, or the new themed Helix fails to load, reboot your phone.

Installation Instructions WITHOUT ADB:

1) Download Helix file (com.helixproject.launcher.apk)to your /sdcard directory.
    2) Open Terminal on phone (free from market) and type these commands
    Code:
    cat /sdcard/com.helixproject.launcher.apk > /data/com.helixproject.launcher.apk
    chmod 644 /data/com.helixproject.launcher.apk
    chown system.system /data/com.helixproject.launcher.apk
    mv /data/com.helixproject.launcher.apk /data/app/com.helixproject.launcher.apk

3) Press Home button and chose Helix as your Launcher. If you are not given a choice, or the new themed Helix fails to load, reboot your phone.

Installing using Astro File Manager

Installing from Astro File Manager (or any other package installer) is NO LONGER SUPPORTED AT ALL! Trying this method will either A) error out or B) break your installed Helix and put you in install/uninstall HELL.. Not fun.

That's it! Have fun and let me know what ya'll think! :D

If you have any questions please feel free to ask here or join me in IRC chat at billy.pl3x.net #droid

#1 billygalbreath, Mar 21, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  2. bodean

bodean Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Screenshot?

3. billygalbreath

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Edited first post including screenshot

4. TD7424

TD7424 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you already have helix do you just uninstall the current and install this version?

5. alm0614

alm0614 Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    if i download it and try it, what happens if i dont wanna use it anymore, how do i go back to stock launcher

6. DRLyman

DRLyman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Very nice. Looks much better than the white does. I'm definitely installing this. Thanks for sharing.

7. billygalbreath

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Either uninstall the Helix you already have and then install this one from Astro File Manager (free from market), OR you can ADB push the file to /system/app/ and it will overwrite the Helix you have installed now.

8. billygalbreath

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    To go back to stock just uninstall this from Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Helix Launcher -> Uninstall

9. alm0614

alm0614 Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I tried to download it from my phone browser and install it and it acts like its going to install then just says /!\ Application not installed

10. billygalbreath

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Uninstall the previous Helix first.

11. TD7424

TD7424 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I downloaded and transfered to my sd card dumb question, it is a zip file not a .apk, does it need to be unzipped first or what?

12. billygalbreath

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    APK is simply a ZIP file with a renamed file extension. If your browser named it with a .zip you have to rename it to .apk

DO NOT UNZIP!

Make sure the file is named Helix.apk and just put it in /system/app/ with ADB

Search tags for this page
apk hilex hd full version free
free apk download helix hd full

helix apk

helix apk torrent
helix hd full mod.apk
helix launcher 2 download apk
helix.hd.full.apk