Heeeeere's Brandt!

brandtb

Reaction score
As requested, here is my introductory post on Droid Forums.

My name is Brandt, I live in Raleigh, NC. I wasn't affected by the tornadoes on the 16th, but they came uncomfortably close to home. Some severely damaged and destroyed homes are only a short walk away. I count my blessings regularly.

I'm 46, married with an eight year-old son. I am a software engineer by trade, play bass in a rock band, and am also president of my homeowners association.

I have a Droid X, rooted, running Liberty (Gingerbread) v0.3.

I've tried Apex 1.4.1 and thought it was good, but like the ease of customizing Liberty with the toolbox app rather than the command line deal in Apex.

Liberty GB is running very smoothly and I'm glad I made the move. Waiting for some interesting themes to come out for it.

I've learned a lot on other forums and hope to learn more here and share what little wisdom I have acquired.

Here is a snap of my home screen:

home.png

I'm using LauncherPro Plus with the Dreamlyfe customizations, Folder Organizer, SIMI clock. I've been using Beautiful Widgets for weather, but the lack of notifications has me using the Weather Channel widget for the time being.

I also use Tasker pretty heavily to turn on and off components based on what networks I am connected to and such. If I am at home, Bluetooth is turned off. If my home network is lost, Bluetooth comes back on, wifi goes off and when my car releases it, it turns wifi back on.

There are some Home Automation tasks (turning lights on and off, controlling webcams remotely) that integrates with my Home Automation system and web tools that I have built to support it.

Here is my lock screen:

lock.png

Used here are WidgetLocker with the sliders using the Caviar theme. The clock on here is BobClockD3 and the toggles are from Widgetsoid.

I also use Widgetsoid in my notification pulldown:

notifications.png

There ya go. Hope to learn some cool stuff from all of you.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the community and feel free to ask any questions. I am over here in Rocky Mount, NC but im glad to see some more NC people here in the community. Your set up looks good on your X and looks like you know what your doin. Launcher Pro+ is a very nice launcher and has a lot of adjustments to make it your own. Glad you didnt get hit by those tornadoes back on the 16th. Bet that Software degree helps out with android/linux systems. Also bet playing bass is fun when you need a break a from life lol.

Glad you joined and we are here to answer any questions. Dive on in and make yourself at home

OP
B

brandtb

Reaction score
Thanks kindly for the warm welcome and I hope any of the twisters out Rocky Mount way yesterday were far from you and your family.

The Software Engineering comes in most handy when using Tasker, especially with the Home Automation stuff. The rest has lots to do with watching and listening carefully to all of the cool stuff that others have done on this forum and others.

Appreciate the kind words for my work on the X. I've got the SDK and Eclipse set up...now to find the time to start creating some useful apps!

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thankfully all the twisters spared rocky mount but your right there are some really tech savvy people in the community that can pull off some really cool stuff with this OS. Its a great place to learn or even just read and browse

Sent from my Liberated D2